Is this site legitiamate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
OEM Software // Home
I received this in my gmail account this afternoon, and some of the prices they have are a bit off....
Especially since sonar 7 cost nearly 700.00 and they offering for only 79.00 ?
I tried to call them this afternoon to verify their pricing but their phone line is constantly busy, now it's off.
I read their faqs but they aren't making anything clear can anyone say what they are doing is real and not illegal ?

I know i am going back on my own word here but the FAQ says it all.

1. Why do you sell software cheaper than official brand providers do?
Because buying the software with us you receive the copies of downloaded licensed versions. This means, you will have no hard copies of documentation (licenses or instructions) - just files and instructions in .txt format. This software is not registered online. But we can offer you all updates for most of the software. This software is purchased by wholesale from official providers, whose wholesaling prices are considerably lower. As we do the minimal price markup free of packing, recording, transportation expenses, our price is lower than the retail price of official providers.

3. Can I still get updates from the manufacturer's websites?
Yes you can. Our software is full and legal to upgrade unless it is mentioned in the instructions, which come with the software. You can also ask our Support team about exceptions.

Why is it that some pieces of software you cant update? Why is it that they are not registered online? Why would you go through THEM to get updates? The site itself tells you it is a scam.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

This site is a perfect example of all those scam sites out there.

I had only asked because some software out there for retail is a bit too much....
Look if anything is under atleast 140.00 I'll pay for it, I am trying to stay legit I want to own my copys of stuff.
Can you blame a guy who wants to stay out of the eyes police or FBI when they start digging around for information and low and behold I got some hot stuff ?
If I had to guess right now 70% of my software is paid for or open source and I want to keep it that way.

Usually I ignore the emails, I just wanted to see what you guys thought, seriously though I am looking for a good legal copy of sonar 4 and up but not for no **** 700.00. :(

Mike I expect some one who calls them selsfs a techie to detect spam at 100 paces.

Sonar is worth the pricetag. Pay for it or don't use it. I've used it since Sonar 5 and it's the best audio creator/editor available. If they charged any less they'd be ripping themselves off.

This is just a joke, Mike you have still fallen for copywrited software theft just because it's on ebay don't mean it's legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom