Simple Solutions V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
lol - i'm the Moron? lol...

FREE SOFTWARE is better because my mom is a B!TCH.

wow dude... impressive. oh yeah... sticky this thread... TF intelligence at it's finest.

learn to read or quit going on forums :) the point of this thread is for FREE help and my point in saying that was because free provides the services that are needed to keep your computer up there is no reason to update if you don't have the money.

so we have no real errors and you are still saying its terrible? seriously some people. and yes i do agree calling him a moron was too far and i do apologize
-blitze

PS
yes static i can't think of a free one... you may get "free" for buying other things but i doubt any company makes hardware free or we'd all have computers

in my personal opinion it should be a sticky. i dont know much about computers andthis helped me out alot as a matter of fact i downloaded everything in the first post and saved it on a disc so i would have it.

turbog03 said:
in my personal opinion it should be a sticky. i dont know much about computers andthis helped me out alot as a matter of fact i downloaded everything in the first post and saved it on a disc so i would have it.

Well there you have it. Now someone move this to Windows OS and Software, or even Hardware since thats more visited, and all will be good.

Update #4
Why are they made? Why is this article important?

First.. Why is this article important?
You may be thinking to yourself that infections simply slow down the computer and annoy you with pop ups. You are in every way wrong. Asevereinfectioncan do various things. One of these ‘things’ istouseyourcomputer/e mailaddress to send copies of the infectiontoothers.It canalso be used as ameans to repeatedly send packetsorjustsearches tovarious sites. Why isthat bad... well let’s saytheycaughtthe personsending these files outand it just happenedtobeBlade105@yahoo.comguess who would be blamed forthe virusandmaybesued for it? (ME!) Finally, not only can aninfectionslowyourcomputer or do the thingsmentioned above, it canshowtheyoungerpeople on the computer pop ups and all sorts of things you may not want them to see.

Manypeople have PM-ed orE-mailedmeaskingquestions or making comments, afew have even commentedtheydonot seewhy people make viruses and othertypes ofinfections.Ieventuallydecided I would direct my opinion/statistics to inform people why others do create maliciou ssoftware.

This information is somewhat factual and opinionated. If you have disagreements PM or E mail me and we shall talk about them, please do not post them. This way we donÂ’t have hugely over sized threads.

Why are Infections Made?
Statistically viruses are made for three main reasons.
1.“To destroy things” something that many people find an entertainment in.
2.A sense of Power
3.To see if they can do it.
4.They donÂ’t like Windows.

Thereareover1,000virusescreated each month. Windows cannot keep up withthemall...If youwillnotice the main word in the previous sentence, Windows. At least 95% of viruses are aimed at Windows, but why? Windowshasabadreputation for not only errors, expensivesoftware,flaws,andneedlesswork but for buying out companies that haveachancetocompete. Thisangers many linux users, and seeing aslinuxwasalmostsued for making“Lindows”-a more ‘Windows’ feelfornewbielinuxusers-many users are nothappy with the MicrosoftCompany.

Why is Windows so vulnerable to infection?
Inashortanswer...Windowsis much more vulnerable to viruses and infection because it tries to doeverything automatically for the user.

Why ONLY one firewall?? Why ONLY one AV program?? I would rather run 2-3 AV programs and the Sygate firewall I have... ZoneAlarm screws around with battle.net games when your trying to install them to, and also causes the no cd in drive error a lot.

charles_scott said:
Why ONLY one firewall?? Why ONLY one AV program?? I would rather run 2-3 AV programs and the Sygate firewall I have... ZoneAlarm screws around with battle.net games when your trying to install them to, and also causes the no cd in drive error a lot.

More than one firewall/AV can cause serious errors.. and just because z/a catches stuff that sygate doesn't... wont help you any lol. 2-3 AVs can badly damage your system.. and learn to use zonealarm so it stops asking permissions. The no cd error is not z/a's fault..
manage your computer better and these things will most likely stop
-blitze

More than one AV don't cause errors. Having two is probably the best, one AV will catch things the other would normaly miss. And it may not be Zonealarms fault for the errors on Battle.net games, because the errors are rare they only happen to some people and it is usualy people who use Zonealarm and they have to disable it to get the game to work. And I do manage my computer rather well, I have used Zonealarm in the past and it done nothing but bug me, never did stop asking permissions even though I clicked the box that said click here to stop asking permission for this program. Sygate click the box, select yes or no, and it remembers it. But where is the proof that more than one AV/Firewall would cause errors? I use the windows firewall along with Sygate, and I also use AVG along with Norton. Neither one screws my computer up.

More than one AV don't cause errors.
....i take you seriously

Ok... this guide is written for basic users, a lot of antivurses and firewalls will not work together. Why should i bother explaining that to a user that will only need one? Next, u are saying ur great with computers and use norton.. WOW. The 'proof' is in every computer that people formatted/uninstalled the problem causing program. Next, yes lets have 3 anti viruses and 5 firewalls.. lets forget that another point in this guide to make the computer run more effeicient and faster.. (Norton does niether imo)

Now im not "professional" but i can listen to them without challenging everything they say. I'm pretty sure they are doing just fine testing things though. If you want to change that rules about antiviruses do ur own tests, that having 3 of each will not raise problems/resources and then present it to thousands of computer buffs with.. minor mechanical errors and maybe.. just maybe u'll have a change at it. Goodluck
-blitze

PS
the whole "pm me thing" was so people like you dont make stupid comments

EDIT:
yes my spacebar IS fualty ... pos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom