Simple Solutions V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ppl need to learn the hard way myself. My friend Jerry used Bear Share and i TOLD him that he would get screwed. Months later still nothing. 3 weeks ago he DLed the Austin Powers theme song off of it and his computer started screwing up. He got a worm and it had made itself into 5,568 virus' alone. These where also the ones that Norton detected. AVG found even more. He now knows that P2P is bad news and he uses the schools computers for that crap.

septoid2 said:
Doesn't deserve a sticky, I disagree with lots of points this guy makes.

i hope you have good ones.. if not well we can all get a good laugh from you. sorry i just dont lke how you worded it "a lot of points i have no ideat what they are.. but they are there..." and stickies aren't if you "like" them they are if they help people in general enough to keep them in the front of the threads

"learning the hard way" ok i agree most the time but not with your computer because you never know what is on them. the first time i had a computer i had a bad windows disk lost 8 pictures of a friend of mine that passed away, is that fair? no not really...

however the mods can move and sticke threads so...
-blitze

1) Firewalls
Firewalls are essential to safe surfing on the internet, it will protect you from many things you don't even know are there. It is vital that you only use one Firewall! If you are unsure how to tell if you have one, post or PM me.

This is wrong. May-be you might want to specify, "It's vital to only use ONE SOFTWARE firewall." Because it's highly recommended that you use a HARDWARE & SOFTWARE firewall together.

Firewalls don't just protect against internet surfing.... They close or protect thousands and thousands of open (ports or doors) to your PC though several weak exploits.

hardware cost money, this guide is FREE and software only moron

so that is your brilliant reasoning... wow every one can laugh now
-blitze

While calling him a moron may have been a little too much, I agree that it was a very weak point. Don't worry, they're just jealous that they don't have a sticky.

I agree, move this to the Windows OS and Software Forums and it would be a very nice sticky there.

This guide puts some of the stickies around here to shame, so I don't see any reason to not put it up.

Blitze105 said:
The big question! IS FREE BETTER?
Inmy opinion yes, free is one of the best words I have heard in my life.(Considering my mother is a B**** and doesn't buy me anything).

lol - i'm the Moron? lol...

FREE SOFTWARE is better because my mom is a B!TCH.

wow dude... impressive. oh yeah... sticky this thread... TF intelligence at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom