SigX

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_darknes

In Runtime
Just testing it out - this is way cool.

sigx.yuriy.net

I bet they are selling our info to companies, by tommorow ill be spammed to all hell, the FBI will be knocking, taking my comp away. Who comes up with stuff like this anyway?

digital_darknes said:
Just testing it out - this is way cool. .... Who comes up with stuff like this anyway?
Looks like the test is not doing so well.

The question may not be "who comes up with it". The question may be "who uses it?"

Dave :D

I don't understand how 'privacy' comes into play here. It only displays your system specs and uptime... LOOK AROUND!!! Almost everyone has their specs in their threads anyway.

Guy said:
I don't understand how 'privacy' comes into play here. It only displays your system specs and uptime... LOOK AROUND!!! Almost everyone has their specs in their threads anyway.

putting spyware on your computeR? for a super mod at a tech forum its not exactly the brightest thing to say.

If you don't want spyware sneaking on to your computer, why would you put it there yourself. That makes no sense at all.

You have no idea what it transmits, just because they say it does something doesn't make it true.

Privacy on the net is one of the biggest concerns these days, yet you seem to have no regard for it. If you would gladly give out information. Until you can control every aspect of the program, disassemble and decompile it, than make it do what you want it to do, I don't see why you should put it on your computer...

spam can't come into your computer just by someone knowing you system specs. unless we have the different view of a system spec. here at TF, a system spec i a view of a person's properties of a computer. such as what the memory is, what type of hardware they have, that sort of thing. what you must be thinking a system spec is the private stuff on someones computer.

OK man, your right. My bad. LOL.

Just one thing... when exactly, and please quote me, did I say anything about putting spyware on your PC?

And while I'm thinking about it, do you have 100% definitive proof that it's spyware? Because you know, it's a funny thing, I ran this same script on a different PC over a wireless network, I checked to see where the packets were going-- wow, back to the server... imagine that. Then I ran a check with Adaware, Spybot S&D, and then finally with Nortons 2004. Do you know what I found? Not a damn thing.

But, this was just on my PC and on my little network. And I'm not the brightest person, so I am probably getting hacked right now... damn uptime stat... YOU ... WILL ... PAY!

I could go on, but I'll just stop there.

Have a good day.

PS. Next time you try to insult someone, make sure you have your facts straight and can back it up. :)

hmmm, but it is spyware is it not. It sends information from your computer to another remote computer in a different location without your knowlege. When I say without your knowlege I mean, without you knowing when it is happening.

Hmmm, interesting though, you seem to believe everything goes where you want it too. Have you used this actual program? Probably not. Can you say for sure what information is being taken.... no you cant.

So please until you can tell me what is being taken from your computer with 100% proof get back to me. a program on your computer which transmits information about your computer to a remote server sounds like spyware to me, but if you define spyware another way, please explain,

-spyware is any technology, such as tracking software, that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge-

theres the definition, this program is doing just that is it not.... exactly, its spyware. If you like spyware on your computer, by all means, go ahead and use the program...

Hackerman said:
hmmm, but it is spyware is it not. It sends information from your computer to another remote computer in a different location without your knowlege. When I say without your knowlege I mean, without you knowing when it is happening.

Nope, you know when you download it that it collects information and sends it back to the server, with your knowledge.

Hmmm, interesting though, you seem to believe everything goes where you want it too. Have you used this actual program? Probably not. Can you say for sure what information is being taken.... no you cant.

Your assuming and we all know what assuming does don't we? It makes an ass out of u. :) Yes I have used the actual program, I thought I put that in the above post? How do you know I can't determine what is being taken? Do you know what TCP/IP is? Do you know what a packet sniffer is, and moreover, how to use one?

So please until you can tell me what is being taken from your computer with 100% proof get back to me. a program on your computer which transmits information about your computer to a remote server sounds like spyware to me, but if you define spyware another way, please explain,

Ummm, yeah.

-spyware is any technology, such as tracking software, that aids in gathering information about a person or organization without their knowledge-

Google is fun, huh? So many interesting facts, so little time.

theres the definition, this program is doing just that is it not.... exactly, its spyware. If you like spyware on your computer, by all means, go ahead and use the program...

Are you sure that's the exact definition, because I can find a definition that is alittle different. You wanna see it? Sure you do!!
//start definition
Also called adware, spyware is any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes. Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the Internet. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. Spyware can also gather information about e-mail addresses and even passwords and credit card numbers.
//end definition

So now the question is, should we keep this going? I can live with a draw, how about you?

PS. I'm having fun. Are you?

yes I am having fun, in fact, I am having a lot of fun.

I know what a packet sniffer is. but do you know exactly what is going out, you don't. You can't tell me what they are taking 100% of the time. So how can you suggest that it is not spyware. It resides on your computer solely to collect and report information, it runs and collects information at will, not prompting you or tellin you it is doing so, it does not tell you the exact information that is being taken. Also your definition says "Typically bundled as a hidden componenet," funny but last time i checked wild tangent was spyware but they prompt you and ASK you if you want to DL that, is this not the same thing.

can you accuratly describe every bit of information it is taking... give me a whole complete list, I want EVERYTHING, the whole shit, every bit of information in a 24 hour span, give me that, with no breaks or intteruptions.

also, I said explain to me how it is not spyware, you have not done that, only re-iterated my claims that it is in fact spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom