*sigh* another GOOD thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I just wanna ask, why am I not a mod?
Where did that question come from? :confused: I could swear you said something once about being the youngest mod on one of those who's-the-youngest-member threads a looong time ago. Maybe I dreamt it or something.

I did not see the thread.
nor does it matter.

I trust the mods do what is right (in terms of the rules of TF).

I suppose the thread was in this forum (as most closed threads start/end here :) ) It is funny how the "machanics" -- if that is the right word -- work in a controvisial topic/thread.

Most can start out okay, meaning: a civil discussion.
BUT it only takes one small statement that is not "meant" to be:
-serious
-mean
-offending
-etc.

BUT it CAN BE to someone reading it if its not civil.

If you think about what "civil" means,

1) Of, relating to, or befitting a citizen or citizens: civil duties
2) not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others; "even if he didn't like them he should have been civil"- W.S. Maugham [syn: polite] [ant: uncivil]

(complements of dictionary.com)

Basically, its VERY easy for "personal opinions" about controversial topic to be uncivil. You have to try to be civil when making these types of remarks.

These forums have a big, diverse group of members, which make it even easier to offend someone.

To sum this up:
The MODS try and do everything they can to "prevent" a flame war. AS flame wars serve no purpose or benefits to this forum.

Granted, some people think its "fun" to have a flame war, but you can have fun some place else :)

Emily said:
Where did that question come from? :confused: I could swear you said something once about being the youngest mod on one of those who's-the-youngest-member threads a looong time ago. Maybe I dreamt it or something.
nope, but I think I might have asked if I was the youngest person in this forum a while back
I just wanna know, if there is something I might be doing wrong

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.

If you could learn to stay serious in serious threads, we wouldn't have this problem.

There are plenty of ideas and opinions that we don't beleive in, and it's fine that we let them be known here. This IS the off-topic lounge. But simply saying "Kill Jews" in a thread about religion, well that is completely racist and very childish.

I do beleive though, that if you keep it serious, that we should be able to express our opinions on these forums. No one is going to be happy all the time. The government threads are no different than the Intel vs. AMD and Ati vs. Nvidia threads.

For future reference. if your not a mod your not doing something wrong!
When the admins of this board decide they need an other mod they look for people with knowlageable posts and who dont go outside of the rules. People with experience who can communicate. If you are chosen to be a mod you have a great responsablity and it is a great privlage.
If your a moderator at one of these forums you are no smarter than the next guy, you might be but it doesn't mean you are. Its a bases of experience/knowlage, not everyone has both of thos ein high quantity. For instince i own my own little shop which brings in the experience and i know muich about computers but i cant compete with someone whos in or out of college with a degree/certifications and much experience so he would be mod over me. I didn't do anything wrong i just didn't have the opppertunityies yet to get to that level! being a mod is a privlage not a right!

lol what the hell is so special about being a mod? I swear some of you people sound like 13 year olds whos biggest life goal is being mod a tf.

Well Digital darkness you are completely missing the point. Being a mod is something special. Because it rececnises your knowlage skill and experience which than can re-enforce your cofidence in the tech world if you choose to become a service it tech. And proves you know your stuff and are a good guy. Granted it should not be the life goal of a 13 year ld lol but is an accomplishment to one who wants to puresue a career in this field!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom