Show off your modded computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me? Nope... not on this computer, it's still too new. I have added led fans, cold cathodes etc., but no major mods yet.

what exactly do col cathodes do part from look nice... do they actually cool, and what if they do... sorry for noob question but never been big on modding.. jus curious now really... might have a go wen i take on to uni...

Cold cathode's last longer, and use less power than flourescent. They come in all kinds of colors, they are bright and look nice.

The "cold" part refers to the way the gasses in the tube are ignited. A regular flourescent is refered to as hot cathode (the coil needs to be about 900 degrees C to "fire up" the lamp). The cold cathode uses a different electrode that only needs to reach 200C for it to work.

cool, cheers for explanatio bleep... may have to look into them... can u get shapes or are they all straight...?

er mate... thats not wor we mean by modded thats jus trying to show off... making your computer the fastest is easy u wait and then upgrade and for a breif time yours will be the fastest but not for long... tbh u dont need 2 gig ram.. plus you dont mention wot speed or type it is... no mobo, everyone forgets mobo.. whats the point in having all nice shiny fast components if the board that connects it all is crap??? not tryin to slag urs off btw its a good spec far better than mine.. but mine is still preficiant for most games and i cant see the point in spending x amount of pounds upgradnig to have to do it again......

we are on about cases, check some of the links... if your rig is in one of these pimp cases, then hats off to you.. you have nice system.. but the case makes the puter :p its the bit you see first!!!

errr i dunno bleep... bending glass :S, i think id buy the bent ones ready amde :p im not so good at things like that!

so wot else you usually mod it with part from cathodes, LEDFANS??

Yep. LED fans are good. I have all rounded cables also. One other thing you can try, if you have a UV light, is use some UV reactive paint (different colors) on some of the inner parts and the tops of the caps on the mobo, and use UV reactive round IDE cables and fans. It's a good way to get the insides of the case glowing without using too many led fans.

cool, i have some round cables but only cus they are faster... mine have to start saving soon and buy a mint case... youm know any good shops for modded stuff.. UK like not sure where your from part from north of nowhere.... :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom