short film

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahaha.
and thanks saxon for the offer!

i was thinking along the lines of pira or baader meinhof gang, but something america based hopefully. I dont have a big budget, so if it was american it would be soo much easier. Im thinking of creating a terrorist group, something small and militant, i just need a cause.

OR, neo-naziism in america. like a small cell of neo nazi's who decide to become militant and the video is the trangression from small time to big time crimes

You can if you are willing to let your brain get melted find a lot of white supremacist propaganda storeys on line, that can prove inspirational (admittedly you will vomit reading that dross) but it can prove a interesting starting point.

I would like to suggest eco terrorism as possible alternative though as that is something hardly any one has touched and it is a growing threat aspect.

Do yourself a favor and keep your expendatures low.
Two Friends of of mine (they are both brothers) did that make with a 15 minute film and blew about a lot of money on it. Not sure on the actual value, but it had 5 zeroes on it. And most of this was his parent's life savings.

Part of this was renting out the Sydney Hellfire Club (Same club used on the first Matrix movie) for a week so he could shoot the film. Plus things like professional film equipment and back then it was film (not digital like we have today).

They both blew a lot of money hoping that they could use it to get thier way into the film industry. And in the end, it really did shatter them when a lot of people just say "Just WTF was that film on about???" Like I saw it myself and I was keeping my comments rather polite.

Both are still living with parents paying them back for the amount of money that they blew. It's very sad that this happened this way.

this is very low budget for sure. and not sure on how many people, but under ten. One idea me and a friend were throwing about was its liek 2030 or something (not spacey like most stories of that time) but a darker, deadlyer world. Basically the US has taken control of half the world, and becuase of terrorism, cracks down. They do alot of making people 'disapear' that oppose the US viewpoints. Well, guy loves girl. he goes to army, story set 4 years later. she had remarried another guy, who gets blackbagged right as armyguy comes back. im the best friend of the blackbagged guy (whos dead now) and of the army guy. Basically me and the army guy decide to blow up a building to show the US that killing civilians is not ok. That, and add in a forbidden love between the widow and the army guy.

also, id be the brains and army guy obviously the brawn.
something like that. I already have a decent selection of guns and bdu"s we could use (for the guards)

is this a decent idea or just eh

Gotta twist for ya...

Dead guy was working for the Government as a civilian, his abductors were a protest group wanting to make a major point. That way the Army dude will be more than willing to go all out. End up finding out that the protesters are bankrolled by a faction of the government who want to take over.

Gotta twist for ya...

Dead guy was working for the Government as a civilian, his abductors were a protest group wanting to make a major point. That way the Army dude will be more than willing to go all out. End up finding out that the protesters are bankrolled by a faction of the government who want to take over.

so would that faction be wanting to hold kind of a coup?

Destabilize the current government enough and they look weak. This would let another party or individual seize control in the next election. Watch a few seasons of 24 for some good ideas along this line.

heres an initial writeout of the plot

goverment is corrupt. year 2020~. Main opposing party is partyA. The goverment blackbaggs people. guyA is married to girl. guyA is heavy anti-goverment extremest, and he gets blackbagged. His two best friends, guyB and guyC. guyB is nerd, guyC is army vet. maybe fake eye. brawn vs brain situation. The two guys are in partyA. they then start plotting with the girl to bomb a news tower, which puts out goverment properganda. The girl gets blackbagged. They figure out that partyA, which there members of, blackbagged her and made it look like a goverment job so that the guys would further there plans to bomb the news tower. They go in, and take the leader of partyA who ordered the hit, and kidnap him. They get on the tv of the news tower, and say a speach about the people overthrowing the government. then they say To start this revolution, add --- to the list. and execute the leader. swat then bursts in, and the guys blow the tower up, with them inside of it.

some views: army soldiersbeating up a civilian

swat storming a house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom