Short - Book Review - Ghost in the Wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Hay guys wrote a short book review today and just wanted to share it with everyone here I hope you enjoy it and pick up the book its worth the read if your into security.

Kevin Mitnick - Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker

This was one of the better autobiographies I have read in a long time. Steve Wozniak does forewords in this book at the beginning of every chapter which keeps you thinking. I enjoyed this book because there are a lot of rumors and misconceptions about Mr. Mitnick which he does address in the book. The book is written for the higher level technical person there are some parts with out a technical background you would not understand completely. The book can be enjoyed by the average person. A sense of awareness is brought to a persons attention in this book as Mr. Mitnick explains some of his most righteous hacks and social engineering attacks.

He is very classy in taking the time to thank people who stood by him during his time as wanted felon, his trial and his probation. He thanks his Mom, Dad and Grandmother for everything they did for him and for standing by him. He recognizes the Free Kevin movement and the support of the technology community. He goes on to explain his trial, time in prison and his rehabilitation and new life. I was very happy reading this book I had a hard time putting it down well written and lots of fun to read.

I have always and will always regard Kevin Mitnick as one of the best.........

I have read some of his other books and seen his recorded talks at hope, and his latest at HAK5 that was really worth a watch.

I have got Ghost in the Wires but haven't read it yet, I will be sure to post my thoughts when I read it next week I am reading a great book about reverse engineering that WILL come in handy to me. But I have a few fiction books I could recommend if any one is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom