Shark Week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. Those guys are brave or maybe just stupid to get in the water with a great white or Tiger shark- insane!!!

Shark attacks are rare, and most attacks are mostly them just figuring out if something is edible/tasty. Unfortunately for us, their tastebuds are in the back of their mouths and it requires them to give a "test bite" to see if it's edible. Humans don't taste good to people.

And like paton said, bull sharks (freshwater sharks) are some of the most dangerous because they're very aggressive and tend to attack more even when unprevoked.

Oh, cool. Or it would be if I found sharks interesting at all :p

Shark week is a week long event where the discovery channel plays all tv programs that are about sharks.

The craziest thing on bull sharks are they are very smart, In S. aFRICA they've discovered that its easiest to get food by shadowing fishing boats, theyre in the rivers, and steal the fish off the hooks.

They'll be 20ft from swimmers, but know its easier to just follow the fishing folk, so they're left alone.

Now Australia is scary, cause the bull's have migrated up the rivers hundreds of km, during floods, and get stuck behind the damns.
Enev the US has found bulls almost to the Great lakes, going up the missisippi, i believe.

Oh, cool. Or it would be if I found sharks interesting at all :p

Shame on you :p. I've always found sharks interesting, ever since I was a little kid. One of nature's most perfect predator.

All of my network devices are named after a species of shark lol...

Shark week is a week long event where the discovery channel plays all tv programs that are about sharks.

The craziest thing on bull sharks are they are very smart, In S. aFRICA they've discovered that its easiest to get food by shadowing fishing boats, theyre in the rivers, and steal the fish off the hooks.

They'll be 20ft from swimmers, but know its easier to just follow the fishing folk, so they're left alone.

Now Australia is scary, cause the bull's have migrated up the rivers hundreds of km, during floods, and get stuck behind the damns.
Enev the US has found bulls almost to the Great lakes, going up the missisippi, i believe.

Yeah, they've found bulls swimming up the Mississippi fairly often I believe. That's why they're more dangerous as well: can get into populated freshwater rivers that are murky and hard to see in.

Gotta love the South African Great Whites though that jump ~12ft out of the water and smash back into the water... would be amazing to see IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom