shaking soda question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
ive been trying to google this but i dont really know what to type in. what happens when you shake up a bottle of coke. like what causes it to fizz and spurt out? if anyone could find a website explaining this so i can read it i would really appreciate it.

the carbonation in it is what causes it. You're agitating it and it's wanting to be released. You're basically seperating the carbonation (the fizziness) from the rest of the soda and it wants to escape.

Yes. Nubius outlined it.

Carbonation comes from (Carbon Dioxide) which beverage makers dissolve into their beverages. Carbon Dioxide molecules stick together very tightly when under pressure. Water Molecules are denser then Carbon Dioxide molecules, there-fore slowing the CO2's release. Also, lowering the temp. of the beverage will slow the release of the CO2. Which is actually the process they use to dissolve the CO2 in the beverage. When a carbonated beverage is agitated {aka - shake up} the water and CO2 molecules start to seperate... Now open the container and watch the CO2 molecules release from the water molecules very quickly...

Oooooooooh shumway, boondock saints now eh? I just had to write a paper of my 'interpretation' of a particular scene from boondock saints. Got a 90% on my essay :p

NewCents05 said:
thanks havoc that was helpful, you guys have any sites i could find this at or more info?

I acquire most of my knowledge from informational TV. Like "Discovery Channel, History, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet...etc..."

That's what I watch them most... Sometimes comedy, sometimes sports.

out of curiusity, why does coke taste so much worse without the carbonation? people are just used to drinking it that way?

HAVOC2k5 said:
I acquire most of my knowledge from informational TV. Like "Discovery Channel, History, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet...etc..."

That's what I watch them most... Sometimes comedy, sometimes sports.

since when did the history channel explain to you about carbonated beverages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom