Sex Offender Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a good thing though? surly you would like to know what the local nonce look's like and when to keep a eye on your kid's if you see him walking around.

A society cannot judge itself solely on how it treats the ideal. That's as bad as looking at the rich and saying, "Oh. Saudi Arabia is a fine and rich country, eh?"

Even criminals have rights, even the most undesirable of them. They've served their time, I think those rights extend to not having everyone constantly judge you for what you might have done 20 or more years ago.

ive gotta agree with you there, many sex offenders get the crap beaten out of them for what they have done, having the crap beaten out of you every day for 10 years is a punishment by itself,

A society cannot judge itself solely on how it treats the ideal. That's as bad as looking at the rich and saying, "Oh. Saudi Arabia is a fine and rich country, eh?"

Even criminals have rights, even the most undesirable of them. They've served their time, I think those rights extend to not having everyone constantly judge you for what you might have done 20 or more years ago.

Yes they have rights. Unfortunately often they have more rights than their victims. Personally if somebody molests my kid I could care less if he or she gets the crap beaten out of them daily for the rest of their life. I do not care if they "served their time" either. The emotional damage to the child lasts forever. But I am willing to hear the "pro molesting kids" side of the arguement. If you have one.

haha, its not a "pro molesting kids" argument, its an argument of civil liberties and basic human rights.

Of course you wouldn't care what happened to them if it was your kid...that's why we wouldn't let you sit on their jury...we need objectivity. We don't let the victim's families make decisions for a reason.

Yes they have rights. Unfortunately often they have more rights than their victims. Personally if somebody molests my kid I could care less if he or she gets the crap beaten out of them daily for the rest of their life. I do not care if they "served their time" either. The emotional damage to the child lasts forever. But I am willing to hear the "pro molesting kids" side of the arguement. If you have one.

what he^ said. If anyone laid a hand on my daughter
179661444-S.jpg

There would be some dead bodies laying around after I found them.

Of course, I think anyone would...but that's very different from politically sanctioning the act and enforcing it with authority...

If a guy insults your girlfriend/wife in a bar, you're prolly gonna hit him...but if the cops arrive, they shouldn't beat the **** out of him because, "Hey, that's what I'd do if it were me."

There is a need for objectivity in positions of authority. This requires you seperate your anger and rage from your reasoning and logic. In situations involving child molestors, this is very difficult, especially for some people, but that doesn't change the issue, it just means its best if those people don't make the decisions: unfortunately, its very hard to argue against them publicly because the act is so bad very few people can maintain their objectivity.

everyone deserves rights in life, umm cant think of anything else to say :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom