Setting up a sata drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible without a floppy drive, windows setup looks for the A:/ drive or your floppy drive so it's not like you can use flash memory or anything like that

Driver floppy comes with your board, not the hard drive

gaara said:
It's impossible without a floppy drive, windows setup looks for the A:/ drive or your floppy drive so it's not like you can use flash memory or anything like that

Driver floppy comes with your board, not the hard drive

welli diddnt get one -_-

slipstream SATA drivers on a windows installation CD. That's your only way without a floppy.

Dont ask "HOW DO YOU SLIPSTREAM!?"

google it......

You are using drivers for your hard drive?

I haven't had a floppy drive hooked up for at least the past 3 years, the only reason it's there is becuase I lost the slot cover and I need something to fill it. SATA is plug-and-play as long as you don't do RAID.

I have never ever seen/heard of people using drivers to use SATA unless they do RAID. If you are only going to have 1 or 2 hard disks and have no intention of RAID, all you need to do is plug them in and go.

I've only had one instance where I needed to use a floppy drive and driver disk to install a non-RAID SATA HDD. I have 3 SATA drives in my computer, and have installed numerous others for other people and never had to use a driver.

I guess you got lucky....or unlucky as the case might be:confused:

actually igot it allsorted out. ineeded sata drivers from asus.com for my motherboard. then had tocopy it over to a floppy and instal it to the bios.

I haven't had a floppy drive hooked up for at least the past 3 years, the only reason it's there is becuase I lost the slot cover and I need something to fill it. SATA is plug-and-play as long as you don't do RAID.

I have never ever seen/heard of people using drivers to use SATA unless they do RAID
Dude.....try to install windows on a SATA drive and it won't see your drive unless you've installed the drivers from the floppy or have them slipstreamed into the CD which general is saying SP2 has built into it. So if you've got a windows disc with SP2 in it already, it should have the SATA drivers.

SATA is not plug & play.

i believe sata drives are hot swappable... oh and my SATA HD didn't require any drivers... and i didn't install SP2 right away either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom