Settin up ADSL {TPG AUS}

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
I just got my modem and the config for my new adsl connection, its self install, but I'm having major problems. I think ive plugged it all in right, but when i try and configure it, the flashing light just wont go solid. I've got it plugged into where my cordless phone hub is, as well as the foxtel digital plug.. With a microfilter... Has anyone had this problem? or can anyone walk me through installing it.. incase I missed something. Its a Netcomm 1300 Plus 4 router.

TPG and NETCOMM.... Both companies that I do not like.

The behavor that you are describing sound like you might have an other phone connnected into the house with out a microfilter.

Otherwise, i could be that you might have the wrong IP Address configured into the Router (or some other setting)
TPG Tech Support Number is (02) 9850 0888

Otherwise, there could be some thing up with the actual router itself. Netcomm's Number is (02) 9424 2070
Please note if have to send the router in for RMA, NETCOMM takes about 10 day to process their RMAs.

And finally, if all else fails, there is the Whirlpool Forums http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ which I find rather useful for Australian Internet Issues.

dont adsl connections have a dynamic ip address so you cant really configure one into the router. Thats what mine does. Also which light is blinking.

NewCents05 said:
dont adsl connections have a dynamic ip address so you cant really configure one into the router. Thats what mine does. Also which light is blinking.

No, not true. I just make it's a little more harder for you to configure your router. i alot of the newer routers have the ability to deal with it.

However, things like Telstra Heart Beat is a royle pain in the @$$ from time to time

I got it working now, it was telstra's fault. There was a faulty port or something, but anyway its working great.

VIII said:
I got it working now, it was telstra's fault. There was a faulty port or something, but anyway its working great.
And you managed to sort that one out via TPG that quickly..... gee, you must of gotten them on a good day.

hehe they didnt do nething, we had to ring up telstra n get them to check it. I rang up tpg about 50 times b4 I gave up and got my dad to ring them, he got it working within 1 call. *cry*

I admit Tpgs service sukks, but its cheap =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom