Serious Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Well, I just got layed off of work..........for good. It sucks, but on the other hand it gives me the perfect reason to go back to school. I'm 24 years old. That's not to old to start again is it? Anyway, I want to take classes that will get me into a computer oriented field.

So, what would you guys suggest I look into?

Thanks all.

24 is not to old,in fact I think it is never to late.I started back in college when I was 26.It realy depends on what feild you like,do some research pick one and go for it.The college I go to the first year is the same for networkers and programmers.If you are in one program and you decide to change with in the first year no biggy :D.

NeoExtreme said:
24 is not to old,in fact I think it is never to late.I started back in college when I was 26.It realy depends on what feild you like,do some research pick one and go for it.The college I go to the first year is the same for networkers and programmers.If you are in one program and you decide to change with in the first year no biggy :D.

Thanks. I guess the main problem is I don't know what the heck I wanna do. I just know it's going to involve computers. :)

Nope, you're a goner, school is a lost hope for you, better start saving up them cans to recycle

kidding of course :D

Nubius said:
Nope, you're a goner, school is a lost hope for you, better start saving up them cans to recycle

kidding of course :D

Thanks for the confidence boost. :)

TonCrafter said:
Thanks. I guess the main problem is I don't know what the heck I wanna do. I just know it's going to involve computers. :)

Anymore that statement is about as specific as saying I want a job driving.

A good way to narrow your search might be to ask yourself:
Do I want to deal more with the hardware side of computers, or the software side?

Now understand that picking one does not mean that you will get away without learning at least the basics of the other, but it will give you a clearer picture of where you should focus your energy.

If you still can't make up your mind, hang out here for a month or two and you should start to get a feel for what you want to do.

I'll do some reasearch and see what I come up with. I'm pretty excited. It's a weird feeling. I lost my job, but I'm still happy and excited. lol

Yea...24 is not even close to too old. I'm 26 and still pluggin at a degree (you know like a 5th year sophmore...lol). Anyway...you have to think about which school too. You could just go to a tech school and get a certification. A lot of jobs don't require a bachelors in the tech industry. If you want a computer science degree, however, you will need a four year college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom