Selling on eBay with Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox1cThreat

In Runtime
Does anyone know if you need a special account to sell stuff on eBay. I signed up for a sellers account with them, but in order to receive payments do I need a 'sellers' account on Paypal. I have a regular one but will that work?

Hello,

You can sell items on eBay using a PayPal Personal account for transactions, however you cannot receive debit or credit card payments.

In order to receive debit or credit card payments through PayPal, you need to upgrade your account to either a Premier or Business account.

Also, be aware that in order to withdraw money from your PayPal account, to a UK bank account, any withdrawl ammount below £50 requires a fee of £0.25p . Not sure what the fee is to US banks however.

Upgrading your account to Premier is free, though you will get a paypal fee when recieving payments. 2.9% + $0.30.

Or you can just select MO or no paypal CC payment when you are selling your item on ebay.

the basic account i think you can recieve a max of $250 or something then the premier is unlimited but they take a percentage of your earnings

basic is a $500 limit on your account, ie you can have no more than $500 in it at one time. This prohibits you from taking payments of over $500 as well. It's fine for small stuff but obviously high buck items and high volume sales aren't gonna work with this.

And having to pay an extra 2.9% isn't a big deal, just add a little bit in the shipping/processing costs and it's all good.

I'm just trying to receive paypal payments from other people. I don't want to deal with credit cards, etc. Straight Paypal.

You regular account will work then but only up to $500 at a time. Beyond that you'll need to upgrade your account.

Tox1cThreat said:
I'm just trying to receive paypal payments from other people. I don't want to deal with credit cards, etc. Straight Paypal.

well with what they pay with in credit card will become paypal money to you as long as they pay credit card thru paypal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom