Self-Confidence...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But what if I'm actually retarded and just don't realize it like every other retard in the world."

^^lol

But yea...the world is actually pretty plain and simple...don't let it scare ya'.

Obviously, you must be at a all time low or so for posting this on a tech forum...so, you might want to even look into self hypnosis.

Or...just drink...but that's the easy way out. Anyone can man up enough to take down the first few...after that, it's all downhill.

Look at it this way... everyone else is just like you, even the teachers. All of them get up every morning, put on their clothes, and go about their day in the same way and manner as you do. Basically, you are at least equal to each and every one of them. this goes for the other students, your professors, and even the dean of the school. All of them are on the same level you are as far as the world is concerned.

I am guessing that you feel inferior to those around you. Once you realize that you aren't inferior, things look different. Once upon a time I was scared to death of speaking to management at work. I finally figured out that they were just like me but in a different position. After that, I had no problem talking to them, and am now moving my way into management.

We have faith in you.

I'm just like everyone else. I put my pants on one leg at a time. But after that, I MAKE GOLD RECORDS.

Hello, i Go to college and i have never Had any Confidence at all even when i was at school which is why my attendance at school was below average.. Even when the teacher asks me a Question or when a Person shouts my name and talks to me when other people can hear i Dont feel like me and my Face turns red most of the time, im Ok talking outdoors but not indoors.. What do you think is wrong or What could i do about this ?

Lack of self confidence and probably some anxiety in there, too. I've had trouble with both of them and I think the surest way of fixing it yourself is doing something you're good at with a group. I used to be sorta introverted and not real confident in any of my abilities at all, especially making new friends, talking to girls, etc. But I started weight lifting after school (in high school) and met some new people, I also got a job in sales and came to excel at it and made a ton of friends there, too. Once you find a few cool things that you're good at and you can share the experience with others you'll gain that confidence and break through that wall of social anxiety. You're not crazy or weird or anything, you've just got to break out a little. My suggestion is to get a job if you don't already have one, and join a club at college. Not some computer club, either, something more social like politic, philosophy, something like that. Start lifting weights, great way to meet new people (guys and girls) at the gym. Learn some tips online and share them with people there. Everyone is friendly at the gym! Maybe try and play some ultimate frisbee or something, too. People play it a lot at my college and it can be really fun, even if you're like me and not very good at it.

Actually, I suppose I've got some good experience then from conquering my own issues with self confidence and anxiety. If you want some advice from me feel free to hit me up, I don't mind a bit. You and I were in the same shoes, really. It's all about breaking out, trying some different things, meeting new people. You'd be surprised how if you hang out with some new people for a couple of weeks how quickly they'll invite you to parties and stuff. Great way to get better at socializing and meet new friends.

Look at it this way... everyone else is just like you, even the teachers. All of them get up every morning, put on their clothes, and go about their day in the same way and manner as you do. Basically, you are at least equal to each and every one of them. this goes for the other students, your professors, and even the dean of the school. All of them are on the same level you are as far as the world is concerned.

I am guessing that you feel inferior to those around you. Once you realize that you aren't inferior, things look different. Once upon a time I was scared to death of speaking to management at work. I finally figured out that they were just like me but in a different position. After that, I had no problem talking to them, and am now moving my way into management.

We have faith in you.

Thanks alot mate that made me think im going to see a careers adivsor that gives you help lol

Lack of self confidence and probably some anxiety in there, too. I've had trouble with both of them and I think the surest way of fixing it yourself is doing something you're good at with a group. I used to be sorta introverted and not real confident in any of my abilities at all, especially making new friends, talking to girls, etc. But I started weight lifting after school (in high school) and met some new people, I also got a job in sales and came to excel at it and made a ton of friends there, too. Once you find a few cool things that you're good at and you can share the experience with others you'll gain that confidence and break through that wall of social anxiety. You're not crazy or weird or anything, you've just got to break out a little. My suggestion is to get a job if you don't already have one, and join a club at college. Not some computer club, either, something more social like politic, philosophy, something like that. Start lifting weights, great way to meet new people (guys and girls) at the gym. Learn some tips online and share them with people there. Everyone is friendly at the gym! Maybe try and play some ultimate frisbee or something, too. People play it a lot at my college and it can be really fun, even if you're like me and not very good at it.

Actually, I suppose I've got some good experience then from conquering my own issues with self confidence and anxiety. If you want some advice from me feel free to hit me up, I don't mind a bit. You and I were in the same shoes, really. It's all about breaking out, trying some different things, meeting new people. You'd be surprised how if you hang out with some new people for a couple of weeks how quickly they'll invite you to parties and stuff. Great way to get better at socializing and meet new friends.

Ok, thanks ever so much Ill look for a club soon or some kind

I used to by quite shy, and still am...but it doesn't bother me anymore...well not as much.

I would have this irrational fear of just speaking to people I didn't know...especially hotties :p

but basically I just kept at it and eventually got used to it. The more you avoid situations the worse the fear will get.

just do it man

Just don't do a me.

I used to very shy and introverted, and I got over that at the start of college made some new friends started seeing someone and then -insert stupid love story here- -followed by the metaphorical kick in the balls-

-begin hating people now-

yeah, not the best way to go, from one extreme to the other. These days I just don't care what people think when they see me, and people seem to think this is confidence when its just apathy lol.

Best advise is when you start feeling overwhelmed, just recognise that your at that point and tell yourself your not going to let it bother you. That helped me, and just deciding I was plain old bored of being the introverted nerd guy. It gets easier each time until in the end its not a problem and you can do all the usual small talk that people consider a convosation.

Don't do the drinking route though, well I wouldn't if I could go back. Sure in the short run you get more talkative and outgoing (or you seem to) but its slippery slope young one!

*Edit* whatever you do, don't try and change who you are to fit in with a group, it will seem like a good idea or an easy way in. But would you rather a group of "friends" who like you for what your pretending to be, or people that know your into tech, and you like games and don't look down on you for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom