Screwed by Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin Man

muffin enthusiast
[H]ard|OCP - Screwed By Dell

Need 65 screws from Dell? Check out how they package and ship them. One large box. Check. 65 individual padded envelopes. Check. 65 small plastic baggies. Check. Seven page invoice. Check. eek!

1296768874LLJ86YUL2I_1_1_l.jpg

I worked at dell.... they try to screw EVERYONE over as much as possible. specially the employees.

That's pretty impressive. One would hope that a computer company like Dell would figure out how to make an invoice with items and quantity, rather than individualized items for duplicate numbers. I guess I can understand counting all of them out - being careful that way - but packaging all of the screws individually? They need to hire a pharmacist to count them and put them in a single pill bottle.

I noticed how they didn't even use the full sheet of paper to put the invoice on. They set it at a certain amount of items and then went to a new piece of paper, essentially wasting half of the paper.

That's special, I mean OK I could understand if all of the screws arrived in one of the plastic wallets but each one ???

If these screws are already packaged by their supplier, and if these screws are most commonly sent as 1 unit, then this is the way to do it. It becomes way to cumbersome to order 1 unit x 1000, 5 units x 1000, 10 units x 1000. Now when you run out of 1 unit orders you'll have to order more 1 unit orders because if you open a 5 unit order the cost to get that 5 unit converted to 5 x 1 unit in the system is to much. Then you have to worry about re-packaging 5 more units into 1 unit, packaging that you don't have nor personnel to do it.

Ya, it looks stupid, but it's still the most cost effective way of doing it. They are not going to get a huge bin of these unpackaged, then have someone count and package. Overhead would be added not only for someone to count, but now it's Dell's responsibility to find the packaging, design how they will be packaged, make sure the correct # get into a package, etc.

The packaging is a big large for the screws, however, if 1 part is ordered, it ships directly in that packaging. It is probably the smallest packaging they can use.

As well, the sheets are not full because room must be left for notes or any other specific details that could take up that space. Eg. specific details on a certain shipment or notes from the receiver about an incorrect order that is photocopied and given back to the driver. This form would be universal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom