scrapped computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
I just ripped apart some old OLD computers... something like 20mhz, 100mhz, and 800mhz (then an xbox).

Some parts of these computers are actually still valuable on ebay, but for things like the old sound / video cards, those 16mb sticks of memory, etc i thought could make some kind of sweet something

I know something useful can come from these parts, i just don't know what...... anyone have some ideas? Even if their insane like make a game console..

be creative lol but i'm a little bored right now and wouldn't mind a project to work on

See if you can make a 80's supper computer!

I just gave away a socket 7 intel pentium.

I just ripped apart some old OLD computers... something like 20mhz, 100mhz, and 800mhz (then an xbox).

Some parts of these computers are actually still valuable on ebay, but for things like the old sound / video cards, those 16mb sticks of memory, etc i thought could make some kind of sweet something

I know something useful can come from these parts, i just don't know what...... anyone have some ideas? Even if their insane like make a game console..

be creative lol but i'm a little bored right now and wouldn't mind a project to work on
Make a game console with your antique parts that blows all current consoles out of the water. :laughing: You'd be famous.

If it's any thing over a 1Ghz (With the expection of Socket 423 with RAMBUS), then I might see about putting some thing together and selling it off.

Otherwise, i just canabalise the Optical Drive, Hard drive, Video Cards (only nVidia or Ati), Sound Card (provided that it's Creative), and then throw out the rest as it not worth my time.

Currently I have a mountain of cases sitting out the back of my shop that I am just going to throw out next week end.

Actually I do the same as harper despite the fact that I sometimes overclock the rest like cpu etc without mercy till they blow on another outdated computer.

try to fit a motherboard in the Xbox , cut out some sockets for HD, CD-drives, etc

or do a overvoltage to the CPU/motherboard and blow it up

Well I have seen a Xbox converted to be a PC that runs linux (not BMXfreak riders job) I was going to by another one just to mess around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom