School....sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really have a lack of paitence for school, but only because I fail to see the reasoning behind it. I don't quite understand why I need to take Human Anatomy and Biology if I know quite well what I'm going to do with my life and it has nothing to do with that. I think there is an overwhelming lack of personalized schools in atleast my area if not the country/world. It really ****es me off when I start doing poorly in school because I don't care and people tell me that I need to do well in school to go to a good college to have a successful life when I could spend half of the time I'm spending now in ****** classes and doing something important that pertains to my life goals. The worst part is I need 1 credit of english to fufill my graduation requirements and I want to just do an internship/work study program and get the state required credits for the year, and my school won't recognize more then 1 credit, so I'm stuck taking **** classes that I am just going to do poorly and that will affect my GPA so colleges won't look as closely to me even though if I care I have no problem getting an A+ in the class. SO!!! if you don't want to read this whole thing, what i'm saying is **** school, but its neccisary and it blows, but again later on in life it will help you greatly.

also to the "old foagies" (no offense i love paying for your retirement :D ) while its a lot harder to go back to school financially and time wise, you are a lot more driven to do something if there's a benefit that you can see and if have taken time out of it. I think its just the norm is to be in school for 16 straight years of your life, and that can really get old after 9 or 10..

/RANT

??

Anyways, my college days are gone now. I miss some aspects of college for sure, but I am quite happy where I am now. It helps when you get a job/career that you went to school for and actually enjoy it:D

Wow, long time no see Elbatrop. How's the marriage going?

Anyways, High School is easy compared to real life. High School is nothing more than a rat race to nowhere and for some reason everyone seems to want to cross that finish line first. Study hard, do your homework and when you figure out what you wanna do with your life, try to make it happen. That's all that matters.

i really have a lack of paitence for school, but only because I fail to see the reasoning behind it. I don't quite understand why I need to take Human Anatomy and Biology if I know quite well what I'm going to do with my life and it has nothing to do with that. I think there is an overwhelming lack of personalized schools in atleast my area if not the country/world. It really ****es me off when I start doing poorly in school because I don't care and people tell me that I need to do well in school to go to a good college to have a successful life when I could spend half of the time I'm spending now in ****** classes and doing something important that pertains to my life goals. The worst part is I need 1 credit of english to fufill my graduation requirements and I want to just do an internship/work study program and get the state required credits for the year, and my school won't recognize more then 1 credit, so I'm stuck taking **** classes that I am just going to do poorly and that will affect my GPA so colleges won't look as closely to me even though if I care I have no problem getting an A+ in the class. SO!!! if you don't want to read this whole thing, what i'm saying is **** school, but its neccisary and it blows, but again later on in life it will help you greatly.

also to the "old foagies" (no offense i love paying for your retirement :D ) while its a lot harder to go back to school financially and time wise, you are a lot more driven to do something if there's a benefit that you can see and if have taken time out of it. I think its just the norm is to be in school for 16 straight years of your life, and that can really get old after 9 or 10..

/RANT
:freak:

Lot's of times school doesn't make sense. Some of the classes are mainly filler, and a waste of time. But they do serve a purpose, and that is to give you a bit of depth in your knowledge. Yes, Biology is a waste of time if you aren't going into a medical profession, but you also learn stuff that you can use in your life believe it or not.

My senior year I only need two credits... a credit of English, a half credit of P.E., and a half credit of Health. Everything else I took was whatever I wanted to take. I took Chemistry, Spanish, Trig/Advanced Math, and Computer Science, all for fun.

If you don't plan on actually going to college, don't worry about school. You don't need a 4.0 to work in a factory or flip burgers. After all, we will always need people to clean hotel rooms and sweep floors. that's not to say that everyone who doesn't go to college ends up on the bottom of the heap, but their chances are a lot lower as far as career potential.

The best bet, for everyone here, is to work in school, and go to college. There is too much financial aid available NOT to go anymore. Go to college, tough it out, make something of yourself. It is much better to be the one sitting behind the desk than the one building it or cleaning it.

^i believe it was thursday i was listening to the radio and they were talking about how some of the top college loan organizations are not giving out as many loans anymore, same with banks not giving out as many loans because they are afraid to be without money

i was working with my dad at the time and we had to get out of the truck so i didnt get to hear it all but it was interesting intro none the less

Pell grants, scholarships. My own state is giving out lottery scholarships hand over fist.

I am going to college through my employer... full tuition. I made too much to get any grants, and am too old to qualify for the lottery ones.

My sister went to Berry College and Auburn University, and only had to pay for books part of the time. She graduated with her PhD.

If you want to go, there is a way.

I for one entered college this year, and if you have good grades then its rather easy to get financial add. I agree with Trotter, there is no excuse not to go to college (that is if you want to). If you can't, then you really have nothing to complain about.

i didnt bring that up to pose an excuse just thought it was interesting

i agree if you want to go to college then 9 out of 10 people have no excuse
i actually had a local collage offer me a scholarship if i worked for a certain company while doing so. but i turned it down. now before you call me stupid realize that i did not have the passion for the job or any urge what so ever to go to college, and im not about to take a scholarship from someone else who wants it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom