School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the law over here is you need to own a Gun Licenes before you can buy a gun.

None these kids who have gone postal in school had a gun license. So having to have a license ain't gonna stop it.

Why did these KIDS ( and I mean kids, as in children, because the actions do not show maturity) have the guns? Because they were available, unsecured. I mean, hey, I knew where my dad's guns were, and where the bullets were, but I also knew I'd get the tar whipped out of me if I touched them.

Gun control will not, I repeat, WILL NOT stop this. Until parents crack down and kids start acting like something other than snotty nosed, panty-waste brats, it will continue.

Nowadays, nothing is the kids fault. "I had a bad home life." Blam! Blam! "My mom was an alcoholic. "Blam!Blam!Blam! "I didn't get a pony for my eighth birthday." Rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat! "People think I'm different and girls won't beg me to sleep with them." [granade toss]

Show kids that actions have consequences. Let them learn those consequences the hard way, and let them suffer through them. Show them what being responsible looks like, what it feels like. And let the schools' security gaurds walk the halls armed and armored with a hair trigger...

I dont think gun buying laws would affect these sorts of shootings at all. If kids want to kill people they will do it with or without guns.

Why is it that when I finish silencing an enemy combine in Half Life 2 on the PC, and walk down the stairs to the kitchen for a glass of water, I don't slide against the walls, while covertly scanning the perimeter for further enemy combines, left right and ahead? Why is it that when I stand in front of the sink to rinse my glass out with water, I don't instinctively lunge out with my left hand to secure a knife in my hand, turn, aim and propel the five inch sharpened blade towards my inattentive mother, and slice right through the very flesh that covers the kneck....?

lmao

Hm... I was just wondering wat u guys think about it and the laws that let young people buy guns in a school.
Uhh as far as I'm aware theres no laws that 'let young people buy guns in school'

Nor can you get a gun at 16...you must be 18 and only then can it be a rifle. Hand guns aren't allowed until you're 21 and go through a background check and waiting period I believe as far as US laws go.

Doesn't matter though, what laws they make. If a kid wants a gun, he'll get one, even if his parents have never owned a gun, he'll find one.

Theres not point in discussion really. It's always debated...there will be people for both sides, but the reality is, unless you could magically make every gun on earth disappear and make the knowledge on how to create on disappear from a persons mind, you'll never get rid of it.

Like trotter said "you outlaw guns, and only the outlaws will have guns" They get guns no matter what the law says, so basically then you're leaving innocent people unprotected.

People of every generation look to something besides their own parenting to put the blame on why their kid shot up a school, or shot anyone for that matter. It's been happening since guns were invented. Now-a-days it's video games, before that it was mainly music ( and still partially is ) if not that, then it's TV...it's always something else besides PARENTING which I believe is the main reason for most of these kids going psychos. Lets not blame the parents, or our psycho kids and that they may have had real problems, instead lets say it's video games....yeah that's it.

Anyone notice germany doesn't allow intensely violent video games for the most part? Wonder why.... I remember hearing about a shooting over there, kid shot 15 people, couple teachers and students, all headshots at that.....can guarantee you he didn't learn precision killing from a video game.

EDIT: lol I basically see that I said the same thing as trotter. I completely agree dude, no one blames themselves or the lack of parenting.....it's always something else.....ridiculous.

I heard about a 17 year old in europe that got another kid to go to the park, then murdered him there, and they blamed the game 'Manhunt' as an instructional video for killing. They had a psychiatrist say "Kids around the age of 3 will act out what they see on TV" like that was an arguement for the kids case......3 years old....vs this kid being FREAKIN 17...he knew damn well what he was doing.

Columbine was two people and they where friends they even had 1 other friend that did not want to perticipate. They should just have a school for all the illed people. so if 1 crazy kid goes crazy then another crazy kid can stop him. Also I was watching a documentary about how many people where killed by guns and US was like 10000 when other contries where like 1000

That's why foreigners hate us americans. Most other countries know more about the US than an average american does, and we know nothing of the other countries around us....that'd make me mad. I know about your country and you can't bother learning about the world around you?

Beyond that, especially now a days most americans, and the children of course getting worse, are just spoiled, unappreciative, lazy, the list goes on...so I can definitely see why the rest of the world hates the US :D

GOOOOO AMERICA! muahahahaha

In 2003 there was a school shooting that was about 20 miles away from me (Rocori). I knew a decent amount of people that went there. After it happened I had a weird feeling that there was going to be a school shooting in my school, and I was going to be one of the people to get shot. We have some crazy people at our school, and I wouldn't put it against them to bring a gun to school, and start blasting away. Last year, I did a research paper on video game violence and found evidence that video games didn't have any lasting effect on a person. Therefore, video games aren't to blame! It's the parents, and society.

It's the parents, and society.

Nope. That is still a cop-out.

Each individual is responsible for his, or her, own actions. Not their parents. Not society. Just them.

These kids made a conscious choice to bring a gun or guns into their schools and kill or injure multiple people. Their parents did not make that choice. Society did not make that choice. They did, as does every other kid who decides to be judge, jury, and executioner.

I'll throw in my $.02 as I've seen most of you wanting more laws to restrict almost everyone from having a gun. If they do that then it's just like telling people no more smoking cigarettes. The black market will increase and then all the good people won't have guns while all da bad people do. Then we have a slight problem, eh? I'm trying not to go into detail and keep this short and sweet and to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom