School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
I just saw the news about a school shooting that happened today. Which is basically exactly like shooting in columbine, a kid goes in the school with a gun (which can only be bought by a 16 year old in the US) shot 18 people. Hm... I was just wondering wat u guys think about it and the laws that let young people buy guns in a school.

It's upto the government if they want to sell guns to people, your opinion will most likely NOT change anything but if you think about it, it's got nothing to do with how old you can buy the gun at, it's actualy the people or persons who are purchasing it and what they plan on doing with it like most normal people may by it for some other reaons but that "mental?" I think i used the correct word, decided it would be a good idea to shoot 18 people was it? with the gun he bought.

I don't live in the US so I don't hear these things very often.

ApM said:
I don't live in the US so I don't hear these things very often.
Ditto.

And just by increasing the age limit to 18 is not going to change any thing because if the kid is not going to purchase the gun, he will just use daddy's gun instead.

Personally, I like the gun laws in this country. They make it really hard for people to own a gun unless they have a reason to own one.

Like if you are just a recreational shooter (in orderwords you really don't have any job requirement to own a gun) in my country (Australia), you need to be part of a gun club, and you need to show up to the gun club meeting on a regulare basis.

waynejkruse10 said:
yeah, our gun control laws are quite good, no columbine-like situations here
Oh No????
  • August 16, 1991 - Strathfield Mall Massacre - Wade Frankum - 7 Dead
  • April 28, 1996 - Port Arthur Massicare - Martin Bryant - 35 Dead
http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/rpp/28/ch4.pdf
From 1 July 1989 to 30 June 1999, the NHMP recorded 13 mass-murder incidents committed by 13 individual male offenders.37 In total, these 13 mass murders resulted in the death of 94 victims. In 1995/96, there were 3 mass murders and a total of 45 victims. This, of course, includes the Port Arthur incident where on Sunday 28 April 1996, 35 victims were killed by a single offender.
Australia does have it's body count too. In fact I just missed out on on the Strathfield Mall Massacre. I was shopping there about 2 hours before the event.

I just hope they don't go start blaming this on violent video games....

The reason for all this is not guns or video games or movies or music at all, its because parents are not raising their children with the proper values.

Yes I agree it almost all stems from family life. Definetly not violent video games. If the kids were raised in a hating, abusive home then thats probably the reason he shot people. To finally get some attention b/c he probably never got any from his parents at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom