School Dress Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some of us are into fashion, and it's a way to express yourself. I could never wear the same thing twice in a row, so I would have a problem with school uniforms.

nitestick said:
nazi's aye? do you think you would even have a choice in school if your country were under fascist control?

i'm pretty sure this whole "uniforms are evil" mentality is basically rebelling for the sake of rebelling. you go to a school, you abide by its rules. its that simple. if you don't like the rules don't go, don't get an education and end up just another ignorant fool.....lord knows another one in society couldn't hurt as its already full of them. its not like you need to be able to wear your own clothes to be an individual. if it is necessary then you seriously lack personality. school shouldn't be about fashion statements, its about learning.

i know i must sound like an insufferable bore and probably quite strange to many reading this but i feel pretty strongly about this :p

Dude, I never said school's should be about fashion statements. I mean, ****, I never once looked at another person and thought OGMAWD LYK THEY HAVE TOMMAY HILLFAGGER CLOTHING ON. Never cared about that. If somebody else did, so what? They are their own person, and can think the way they want.

Yes, you go into a school you abide by the rules, it's that simple, I know this. But what I said in my previous post was IF those WERE the rules, my child would not be going there.

It's really interesting that you tie in the idiots of society along with a school dress code, because those two things have nothing to do with one another. It's about being yourself, and being an individual. Just yesterday I was reading that most elementary schools are having their recess taken away, which is very important for kid's social development. Now it's only a matter of time before you make them all look the same. Downright idiotic, no other way to say it. :amazed:

charles_scott said:
Not really.... $40 an outfit for me, $20 for the shirt, $20 for the pants.... Rather cheap considering the size that I buy lol

Here's another one of my gripes. If you're going to make these rules and make everyone abide by them, I think at least one uniform should be supplied. Then extra's made purchasable.

My buddy told me that one of the local schools will require everybody to have a laptop next year. They won't supply even a crappy dell, just require you to have a laptop. I would think if they had some common sense, they'd realize most people can't afford to just dump 1000 on a laptop for their kid for school. I thought it'd be fair to supply everyone with a crappy dell, but allow students to bring their own in to use instead. Makes sense, right?

SO glad I'm done with that. But I really, REALLY hope this doesn't get worse over the next decade when my kids are born and start going to school. :mad:

yeah but most kids can't afford that and my high school has a dress code here in KY just the basic stuff no shirts advertising drugs and sex no spagetti straps ect. ect. and i think that whole thing about kids will all belong if they wear the same thing is garbage. In my school everyone is either preppy or gangsta or emo, there are 5 whole metal heads in the school including me and we have a population of 2200 people it was the same in middle school but we had a uniform things didn't change the metalhead kids in uniforms hung out together and the other kids hung out together

if people are going to be mean to you because of the clothes you wear don't be friends with them its that simple

It's really interesting that you tie in the idiots of society along with a school dress code, because those two things have nothing to do with one another. It's about being yourself, and being an individual. Just yesterday I was reading that most elementary schools are having their recess taken away, which is very important for kid's social development. Now it's only a matter of time before you make them all look the same. Downright idiotic, no other way to say it.

i'll try one more time to make myself clear. sorry for being perhaps a little over the top.

what i was saying before wasn't that not wearing a uniform equates to ignorance. i said if you don't like the school dress code then don't go to the school its that simple, and if you don't go to school THEN you may end up an ignorant bum.

however taking away recess is just downright insane :amazed:

nitestick said:
nazi's aye? do you think you would even have a choice in school if your country were under fascist control?

i'm pretty sure this whole "uniforms are evil" mentality is basically rebelling for the sake of rebelling. you go to a school, you abide by its rules. its that simple. if you don't like the rules don't go, don't get an education and end up just another ignorant fool.....lord knows another one in society couldn't hurt as its already full of them. its not like you need to be able to wear your own clothes to be an individual. if it is necessary then you seriously lack personality. school shouldn't be about fashion statements, its about learning.

i know i must sound like an insufferable bore and probably quite strange to many reading this but i feel pretty strongly about this :p

Actually you arre legally obligated to go to school.

yea we have a gay dress code at our school, you have to wear golf pants, like dockers, and golf shirts, very gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom