School

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ haha, yep, blame games because they really do force people and coerce them. Effin incredible.

plus the ladies like a smart guy

Really!??!!!? show me to them, cause that would be a first. /tongue in cheek

Either way, stay in school man. I've done the **** jobs, and I very much like my programming gig now. just bear it out.

Mjmitch2 said:
look at it this way --

you can pay attention and do well in school so you can get a decent job later after going to college.

OR

continue to slack off, skip college, and end up pumping gas at the mini-mart for the rest of your life for $6/hr!!

Does that help??:p

I agree school is kinda boring, I felt that way myself. But look at the big picture, what all this schooling is going to gain you later on in life -- financial security, roof over your head and good hot meals in your stomach, plus the ladies like a smart guy!!

*I know, I sound like your dad, but that is only because I am a dad!:)

Good point. At your age you should be able to motivate yourself. Basically it boils down to YOU. Maybe you aren't mature enough right now to finish. I wasn't right out of high school. Went back in my mid 30's. Took some adjustment, but I was much more focused on my goal. Got my degree, Valedictorian too. No way I could have done that in 1984. Too drunk back then. :eek: Should you take a break from school? That's up to you. Sounds like you are burnt out right now. I suggest do your best to finish the semester, then take a week and decide what you want to do. Maybe a semester off would help. Maybe it leads to a second and a third and finally not going back at all. I went back because I got to the point where I was working physically too **** hard to make a living and it was killing me.

It's nice to see all these responses. Yeah, I've done a lot of thinking, but maybe I am thinking about all the negative stuff. And I do realize that at this point it's all up to me.

The semester is almost over, at least I feel a little more "motivated" to study for my finals (they start next monday).

I'm a senior in high school...absolutely loving the fact that I'm a senior..meaning less than a year and i'll be out of this crappy town every day going to tech school...Absolutely hating the fact that I have to go to high school every day with a bunch of immature idiots.

But I push myself thru it...basically telling myself if i dont..i'll end up like the next guy trying to be smart when he's really being a smartarse

set a time for when you will start studying. Study for a couple hours, take a break

It boils down to dilligency in the end, you're not stupid, you made it college. If you're living in the dorms there's a million distractions for you. Go to the library and study. My computer is the biggest distraction I have - sometimes I'll browse the net and study in between.

Sometimes you have bad semesters, **** happens. I didnt do all that well freshman year. I had my ups and downs.

I meant to do that today too, but I was too hung over. Then some hot blonde wanted to workout with me...couldnt deny her. :)

You want to regain interest in school? I have a sollution for you, goto home depot and goto the area with all the mexicans standing around, get picked up and go do a manual labor job. When you come back you should understand 2 things.
1. The difference between the guy picking up the 'unskilled laborers' and the 'unskilled laborers' is the education you are attempting to receive.
2. All jobs that require no exp/education pretty much the same total combination of BS, back breaking labor, mental anguish, and insane hours.

BTW if you havn't gone out and had a good time in a while it can make you lose sight of your objectives, its called burn out. As I've said before set some time out to have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom