Scary things while repairing \ assemblying PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Just want to hear a few story's

Today i was working on a PC i was fixing for someone, i reset the CMOS and everything as well as dissambled CD and PS to clean them.

I go to boot, and their's no power. After 5 minutes, i noticed i knocked the power button plug out :)

I went to go remove the heatsink off an old pentium 120mhz, and when I went to reach for it I felt something weird, it was a really a big daddy long legs chilling on the heatsink "Being Cool"

k well i dont build/repair pcs for a living, but 2 years ago.. my friend was working at some pc store and his co-worker was on vacation so he was alone. Since it was a weekend, and i had nothing better to do, i dedcided to go help him out. People were dropping their pcs at the shop for hd replacements and other little things. I got to work by replacing the hard drives and as i was doing that, i felt kinda thirsty. I grabbed a drink from the mini fridge and as i was drinking, i left my drink on the shelf. The tools were all over the shelf so i grabbed a screw driver without looking and accidentally knocked the drink over. Because the shelf was just right above the working table and the pc, the drink spilled all over the tower.

Luckily my friend was out at the counter talking to customers while i was at the back. I began to panic and didn't know what to do. So i quickly cleaned the mess up and replaced all the hardware inside the tower with used ones. I know it was wrong but i wasn't allowed to open any of the new parts and the used parts were gonna be sent back to the manufacturer.

Luckily, the guy who owns the tower knew absolutely nothing about pcs or whatsoever. Essentially, he hadn't noticed that the hardware was replaced with used ones.

Ever since then, i've never drank at the working table.

I just tend to keep my drink lower than the table, so if it spills it's the floor. I also would have "washed" the PC, water doesnt do anything (pop does stuff though).

Also i dont work for a living building or repairing.

This is off topic discussion.

It relates to hardware I know, but this is a conversation not request for help.

EDIT:
I felt something weird, it was a really bid daddy long legs
ehhhh god, that just gives me shivers thinking about it. I freakin hate spiders.

well it was rather an ongoing fright.... it all started because when i was takin my mobo, hard drive etc. from my old case to my new case, somehow the hard drive jumper fell off and didn't allow my computer to start, not knowing of this at the time, i spent about 2 months trying to fix this computer buying a new mobo, putting in a cpu from my other computer, changing power supply..... clearing cmos... EVERYTHING.... but out of the whole thing, i learned a whole lot more bout COMPS...... its all because of that stupid jumper.

ALWAYS have a good grip on your screwdriver. i dropped mine once... right on the chipset... that is one strong chipset.

oh jeez, yea thats not good, try cleanin your hard drive by takin off the cover and swipping your cotton tshirt on the disk........ hahha jk, NEVER DO THAT

My scary thought is hearing all of those pops and snapping noises when you are pushing down on your mobo to put something in. I freaked out with my comp. "Oh, blast! I hope I didn't just wreck the thing and waste some $700.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom