scammed on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, pop in windows XP CD, boot from it, reinstall windows. Probably needs to be cleaned anyway

jason - contact Patrick Norton of PC Magazine. He told of a way to beat the password in XP, when he was on Screensavers tv show.

dont format! I would at least try throwing it into a computer as a slave drive and crack the password hash with LCP....

LCP is a great program, google that.

Why a format is probably best considering the Average/Ignorant PC user it's probably incfected anyways.

If you are the rightful owner of this laptop, i suggest you contact a Toshiba dealer.

Toshiba use a fair amount of security on laptops, security chips on the motherboard, HDD passwords etc.

The net is littered with stories of Toshiba laptop "forgotten", "lost" passwords.

I seriously doubt you will break into it.

If you do manage to, there are thouands of posters on the net who by the sounds of it, would love to know how.

It sounds like a "hot' laptop to me :)

If the passowrd is just on XP home, then you can bypass it by hitting f8 before windoes starts and starting in safe mode. this will display another user in the user login screen called "administrator". by default, that has no pass word in xp home, so you can give it a try.

If he is talking about the password i think he is, it isnt the windows password.

I have seen a Toshiba laptop, that you power on, you get the toshiba brand name flash onto the screen for a couple of seconds, then you have a black screen thats just says Password: with the cursor flashing.

I think that this could be the onboard security chip that kicks in before anything else, or its the HDD password that even if you move the disk to a different machine, wont let you access it.

Toshiba tech can fix, but it will cost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom