Scam or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I am selling my panasonic lumix fz30 on ebay, they have been going for around £150 to £250.

I then get this question:

Q: hello seller I have interest in your item you listed for sale on ebay and I will like to buy the item to my friend as Gift in Africa and i will like to pay through electronic secure online payment (Paypal). So please if you are interested in selling this item for me, kindly send me your your Paypal ID or send me paypal payment request with your item number and ebay id through my email (sunnygirl454@yahoo.com) to secure this transaction and I will be able to send out the money immediately via Paypal.Please i will like to offer you £350 Pounds for the last price with the shipping charges to Africa Via Royal Express Mail and i will make the payment as soon as you provide me your paypal email address or send me paypal payment request with item number and ebay id to secure the transaction through paypal. Thanks, Holly sunnygirl454@yahoo.com

What immediately strikes me is the gift to afrika part, however i am then confused by him using Paypal (very secure ?) and his feedback is 7, but 100percent :confused:

I am not sure whether he is genuine or not. Any ideas ?

scam, the wording alone will tell you that. An there offering to over pay you by £100 an asking you to ship it to africa, not to mention the fact it looks like a stock letter that will be fired off to hundreds of people - just say no thanks an move on.

the whole point of ebay if for people to find things at a price they want to pay an a price they think is fair who in there right mind would offer £100 more than what they could be getting it for.

Scam. Stock letter, PayPal can be used fraudulently as well and they'll not move a muscle to help you once it all hits the fan.

yep and read around on ebay. it suggests that if anyone tries to circumvent ebay to report them. if they are asking for your ebay ID ditch that loser. if they persist, and seem to be sincere, tell them you will put the item up as buy it now for the price they are offering and they can buy it through ebay. that usually will shut them up if they are a scammer. then report their ***.

Oreo, I hope you don't make this kind of thread a regular thing...or you may become the next Norcent :p.

Why is that like norcent..? lol.

Norcent's post were unreadable, REALLY stupid, i don't find this that stupid of a question, i've never seen a scam with Paypal.

Its just that he posted a lot of ebay questions and stuff...and a few of 'em that I remember were "are these scams" types of ones :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom