scam?? can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
please no Norcent references...... Thanks

I would have to say it's a SCAM.... Doesn't it seem kind of fishy that they would spend all that money for shipping to/from the states for this, when they could probably have someone in Germany do it for about the same price as shipping? I would stay away. Checks can be fake, as well as money orders...

what does he really have to loose considering he is the oen receiving anyway i say try to get her on the phone get more info and then youl know. whats the worst they can do send you 50 old comps? you could just pawn them and make a small amount of money lol.

exactly. I have nothing to loose unless, upon a reply, they start asking for personal information. lol.

And i'd gladly accept 20 old computers...I could find some very fun ways to destroy....:D

You seriously can't tell? Scam. Plain and simple.

I agree. And ship them to you from Germany? That means they want your address of course and they're sure to elicit lots of other personal info, passport, etc. for "customs purposes" and so forth. This is def a scam. The Nigerian scammers are getting smart, they're learning not to use Nigeria anywhere in their emails.

Checks and money orders are easy to fake btw. Then you get hit like a few months later for fraud and the bank takes the money out of your account whether you've got it or not.

eh...too good to be true. :) I could really use the money! ha.

Just for humors sake...i'm going to keep talking to her and see what she says. haha.

This makes me think of that thing a few years back where a scammer tried to buy a guy's MacBook (I think it was a MacBook.... MacSomethingorAnother), and they found out it was a scammer, so they 'made' a MacBook out of a binder, and shipped it overseas.....

no i can't.

reasons why i don't think it's a scam
offers to pay with check or money order.
offers to ship me all of the laptops and programs.
covers shipping
I COULD REALLY USE THE MONEY :D :D :D so my brains hoping that this is legit.

reasons why i think it's a scam:
poor layout
poor grammer/wording.
why can't they just do it themselves?

i'd actually put the cheque/money order payment request in the "why it's a scam column" myself. have you ever heard of an overpayment scam? i know this doesn't quite fit the bill for that but in such a scam they use forged cheques and money orders that generally clear initially, only to bounce later.

the way they introduce themselves screams scammer. From my experience on craigslist, no one writes a biography of there life. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom