Saying the pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people at my school don't say the pledge. They say the hate America, the thing is they don't realize is how good they have it here in America. If they tried living in some other place where it's a constant war zone, or not everyone has equal rights I would bet most would come back to America and be glad to say the pledge everyday.

Most people at my school don't say the pledge. They say the hate America, the thing is they don't realize is how good they have it here in America. If they tried living in some other place where it's a constant war zone, or not everyone has equal rights I would bet most would come back to America and be glad to say the pledge everyday.

there are other countries that arent a war zone.

Yes, but still most have it better then they would in other places. The sad thing is they don't realize how good they have it until it is gone.

What about first world western countries in general?
Australia, Britain, Canada, New Zealand

or just descent, first world countries
Japan, Finland, Germany, Sweden, France

I've probably missed a bunch. But the point is, USA isn't the only good country in the world. It is a good country, but not the only one.
USA has its own advantages for living in. Though other countries will also have advantages for living that the USA does not. And what style people like is subjective.

That's alright, Apok. I don't live in them. ;) It doesn't matter where you live, it all applies.

I guess I am hard-nosed about it because I believe in my country, no matter who is in the White House. It is the people who make the country, but the younger generation coming up has not been told or taught what this country, the USA, is about, why it is here, what it has gone through, and the price that has been paid for generations just so they can have the life they have.

The history books now don't tell the whole story. It has all been edited to be politically correct and to be "inclusive", when the history of this country was neither one. There was some parts of it that were down right ugly, but they are a part of the whole thing. Slavery, Indian affairs, lynch mobs, six gun justice... it is a part of the history of this nation, but it is all history.

Aah, i hate political correctness :p

And sorry to sound like an ignorant Brit... but what exactly is in this pledge? I've never heard of it :eek:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."
Recited while standing, facing the flag, with the right hand over the heart. Hats are to be removed. Military servicemen and veterans salute, instead.

That's quite nice :)

As a bit of a patriot i always feel a twinge of pride when seeing the Union Flag, i don't see why people can't learn that pledge, its not exactly long :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom