Say what? A look back at Gates' pearls of wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Say what? A look back at Gates' pearls of wisdom

by Jennifer Guevin , Staff Writer, CNET News.com | Published: 6/15/06

Bill Gates is the richest and arguably most powerful man in the tech sector. Historically reserved with regard to his private life, he has--over the last few decades--said a lot about business, global health and the evolution of the computer industry. Here are some of the more memorable quotes from Microsoft's co-founder and tech titan:

**follow link for quotes**

my fav

"Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick." (The Wall Street Journal, June 23, 2003)

"Although about 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't pay for the software," he said. "Someday they will, though. As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade." (On software piracy in China, July 1998)

Piracy does pay! :D

• "I wish I wasn't (the world's richest man)... There's nothing good that comes out of that. You get more visibility as a result of it." (Speaking at online advertising conference in Redmond, Wash., May 5, 2006)

THEN START WRITING CHECKS!

[Drive-up Window XP :cool:]
Hmm, let's see. I'll have uhhh, a briefcase full of $100 bills, and, oh I'll take a check for $20 billion. Oh, and I'll also have one of those Visa cards with a $100 million credit limit.

• "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any significant number of users want fixed." (Focus Magazine, Oct. 23, 1995)

Yeaaaaaaah, I could sit down all day with him pointing out bugs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom