SAT question help, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
Amanda travels to work from home in 60 minutes. If, on her way home, she increases her average speed by 20% and she travels by the exact same route, how many minutes will it take her to get home?

HALP

The book says the answer is 60, but I get 48. I'M CONFUSED

wouldn't that depend on at what point she increased her speed? i mean..if she increased it the last 2 miles vs increased during the first 2 miles wouldn't it be different?

I think we have to assume she's going a constant 20% faster the entire trip.

That's what I thought :tongue: I'm guessing the book is wrong.. It's been wrong on three answers so far... I'm going to get a new book, haha

Ha yeah. I'll just borrow one from my friend. She's got a different book and got a 2330.. But she studied for 8 months and I'll have like a week to :tongue:

meh i'm not a fan of studying for those kinda things..it's suppose to be what you know..not what you can cram in before it :| lol

wait, so it takes her 60minutes at first... then she goes faster... and takes her the same amount of time.

umm the books wrong...

edit: i get 50.

how i did it:
for now lets assume its 60m to her work and she goes 1 m/min. if we divide those two numbers to get time, we get 60 min.

if we take those same numbers, add 20% to the rate 1m/min to get 1.2m/min and divide 60m by that rate, = 50 min

Ha yeah. I'll just borrow one from my friend. She's got a different book and got a 2330.. But she studied for 8 months and I'll have like a week to :tongue:

DUDE! thats 70 points away from getting a perfect... GEEZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom