Sad Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess123 said:
yes while that is true, you gotta think about it. Not all the people that are supported by the government are lazy or dont want to work. There are ppl unlike us who grew up without money and the resources for finding a job. Does that mean that we should just leave them and kick them while theyr down? The help that the government gives is minimal. Like it was in the news the other day. An average family on welfare gets like 1.50 or something per day after rent is covered. Now if your satisfied with that much, then go right ahead and cheat the system. Its just a temporary thing to help ppl out while they find something to do.

I second that. Anyone could loose their job. It's a good thing you can get some support.

guess123 said:
yes while that is true, you gotta think about it. Not all the people that are supported by the government are lazy or dont want to work. There are ppl unlike us who grew up without money and the resources for finding a job. Does that mean that we should just leave them and kick them while theyr down? The help that the government gives is minimal. Like it was in the news the other day. An average family on welfare gets like 1.50 or something per day after rent is covered. Now if your satisfied with that much, then go right ahead and cheat the system. Its just a temporary thing to help ppl out while they find something to do.

I'm not denying the fact that it does help people, and now that we do have welfare programs it's hard to imagine what would happen if we didn't have them. It would be like trying to make cigarettes illegal...it's not going to happen. However, my question is...does it really do more good then it does harm? There's just so many things that it breaks down and destroys.

it's practically a communist state. :p

I probably shouldn't have made that comment without first explaining what I meant by it....I should've atleast worded it better, but ah well. Anyway, this isn't the place for this discussion anyway, and I really don't like discussing things because arguing with people isn't really my idea of having fun...especially on a forum. It's really boring. :rolleyes:

all i can say is wow your birthday really sucked. hope you get better and Happy Birthday!

homerj14 said:
Ive never heard of a hospital where you have to wait 4 hrs in line....
especially at midnight

Dude, if you get to wait only 4hrs for the emergency room i say that's pretty good. I've heard of people here waiting up to 16 hours.

theres no coincidence its called an Emergency room I highly highly doubt they would have waits up to 16 hrs its just not probable who would wait there even for more than 2 hours??

It's ok after all, I got a razr v3, Ipod video 80 gig and money toward my car or university and obviously a bunch of other little stuff. I'm gona skip school to attemp to get my licence tomorow. W00t!

Can't wait till I'm 18 :)

homerj14 said:
theres no coincidence its called an Emergency room I highly highly doubt they would have waits up to 16 hrs its just not probable who would wait there even for more than 2 hours??

the other night i took my wife to the hospital i work at. the emergency waiting/triage room had 5 people in it. Not alot at all. I over heard some girl talking to her boyfriend, i assume, about how it sucked that they'd already been there for FOUR HOURS. I guarantee they didnt get seen for at least another hour, maybe more. I left once i heard that. And i wouldnt doubt that anyone has spent more than 10 hours waiting to be seen in an emergency room. I've also heard of people DYING in the waiting rooms before. Believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom