sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depression lasts for an eternity; Joy for but an instant. But I dare you to ask an elderly person if they think thier life went to fast or to slow.

The only constant is that change will happen. The bad part won't last. And it really ****es off those of us who have survived our own demons when people quit before they get to the good part. It is well worth it in the end.

I do not know his situation, or what he went through. We all have our trials, some more than others. I think I had a great childhood that I would never trade for anyone elses. But in other peoples eyes I would easily qualify for these terrible times of woe that merit taking my own life. Unaccepted family and religion in society. Permanent burn scars on 11% of my body. I have a buddy who is scarred on his face, chest, arms, hands- over 50% of his body, lost a brother in the fire. Yet he has a zeal for life. Those situations are a test of oneself. You can feel victimized or rise above it. That kid thought he failed and selfishly took his own life. His parents, siblings, and friends have to live with his decision because things were "too hard". What we need to focus on here is that he should not be revered and respected. He decided things were too hard when they werent. If everyone talks about how he was a great kid, and he had no choice, and we respect him what does that do? Sure grieve his death, but use it as a learning tool. It was pointless. He didnt have to do it. Other people who may be close to where he was may see that, and see the attention they desire, and the respect and honoring of themselves that they crave, and perhaps do it themselves. Then what has your respect gained? I see this as a very likely scenario. Some of you dont belive in god and thats fine, but I belive god gives everyone the tools they need to live as they deserve, its simply the choices you make.

Harper said:
However she's still spending most of the time / life on the game.
But she and myself started a rogue character at the same time 2 weeks ago. I am just one level 21 where she's on 42.

I do remember that she forced herself to go cold turkey from WoW during exam and assigment time by uninstalling WoW. Her mid semester marks really showed that she was spending too much time on that game.

Nubius i agree you on the part, that no you shouldnt run away from life, but for god sakes, instead of coming here yelling that this kid doesnt deserve respect you couldve just kept ur mouth shut.

I believe that at any time, no matter the game no kid of any age, should be allowed to play these mmo's like they do now adays, 60+ hours a week dedicated to wow is way too much. I can understand 15-20hrs, thats the amount i play in games. This kid couldve made his life much better, if he gave an effort and tried to make friends in real life, go outside get a hobby besides games, ebcause if you dont there you're gonna get addicted you're gonna get depressed, you're gonna be lonely and eventually in some cases lead to suicide.

I live in a county were suicide is actually a normal occurance(13 last year)all small towns to like 5000 people and less., it happens so often things like these dont affect me anymore, but i still give him/her and his/her family some respect. Highschool can be brutal for some people nubius, there were kids in my school that i saw get picked on, and pushed around every day, most of the time they move to a different school, or in some extreme cases suicide, so nubius before you go and say that this kid doesnt deserver and inch of respect maybe first you should go through a day of this kids life and see what it's like.

Just another emo kid biting the dust. Emos are like drama queens, no one likes em cause they're always *****ing about how life sucks (not to mention the tight pants and retarded piercings).

Mr_Threepwood said:
Just another emo kid biting the dust. Emos are like drama queens, no one likes em cause they're always *****ing about how life sucks (not to mention the tight pants and retarded piercings).

Alot of emo's are closetted gay's who cannot come out to their family. You don't know how it is like to be opressed by your own family.

I agree with some of Nubius and also foxyloxy. Is it sad? Yes, it is. Should we show HIM respect? No. We should show respect to the people he decided to leave behind. Like it or not, he didn't hurt himself. He hurt the parents and siblings that were his family, the unit of friends he had onlline and off, the future wife and child he MAY of had, those that are left behind to pick up the pieces that he threw, and that will now never fit back together. I dont respect him. If anyone, respect and be sorry for the mother and father and family that supported him, that brought his life to this world and that he just threw away. Those are the ones that truely suffer, NOT him. The only ones that Itruelly feel for are those who suffer from bi polar and other depressions, which is a TRUE disease, if not overly and erroneously diagnosed. You will no a person who is truelly bi polar (I know and dated one) and it is a truelly scary thing to behold. It is not rational, nothing like 'they just need a little tough "stop your whining" love, no its an actual physical disease that can NOT be helped, but can be treated. If this kid suffered that, then that may be a different story.

Hhmmm.....I don't feel sorry for him, but I also don't know him. He doesn't have my respect, but I also do not frown upon him. He made a personal choice, and lets face it.....Its not like that personal choice was buying a Dell, so I respect his decision.

FoxyLoxy said:
So have you told your family then dj_Chris? The vast majority of them are not gay however.

Yeah my mom & dad know. Not the rest of my family however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom