RX-7, 8 or CRX!? or maybe... an Impreza WRX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ew, no American cars heh

but hmm... crazy response while I was on vacation... I might be leaning a bit more towards a nice civic then... I really want to have a nice interior on whatever car I get... so that will eat up a chunk of cash

and to the person who said to skimp on the car and spend on my rig... I personally haven't been playing PC games much these days... been getting into some racing/action games on my 360. forza 2, ninja gaiden 2 (just got it from GameFly) and GTA IV

I think I might actually go with what gurusan said... there are some great deals on decent Civics on AutoTrader... I could pay for one straight up and just sink all my cash (from working) on upgrades...

I want to try and find one that has low mileage though... I know they are old, but all of them are 100K+

whats the best way to buy used cars? autotrader? carmax (doesn't have the older cars), ebay motors? dealerships?

whats wrong with american cars? i'd love to find some corvette contenders in the same price range.. that just don't happen too often ;)

even a nice used camaro z28/ss or a trans am ws6... you can find those for roughly 8k-13k... each ranging in horsepower from 285-330... and all running 13 sec. 1/4 miles (well.. more than likely not for the average joe)

Those things eat up gas nos, 5.7L is no joke.

A civic really? I would not take a civic any of the cars mentioned in this thread, seriously.

Those things eat up gas nos, 5.7L is no joke.

A civic really? I would not take a civic any of the cars mentioned in this thread, seriously.

eh, obviously, but if I buy a 1-5k car... then thats 10k I can put into upgrades...

I'm still looking at the RX-8's heh, for some reason I like the stock body... looks kind of weird, but its kind of nice as well

the WS6 is nice...

Some of you guys are forgetting this is his first car.

I would not in good conscience recommend something like a Corvette to a new driver. I am not saying you wouldn't be able to handle it or anything, it's just that high power RWD cars are very easy to slip up with and are fairly unforgiving.

If you do get a civic, just make sure the body and chassis is in good shape and then replace everything else with aftermarket stuff :p Or boost the stock d-series motor, the d16z6 is good for 200-220whp with good tuning. That will put you into low 13 sec 1/4 mile, 12's with really good tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom