RSI or knackered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
About a month ago, my right wrist was really week from playing GTR with a wheel, and I tried GTR again and after half an hour I was getting pain in the wrist again. I have since stopped playing it. Today I have been on the xbox 360 for about 3 hours playing geometry wars and my thumb was kackered, and after a short rest I went to the PC for about 3 hours today going on and off, and my wrist is nackered (aches) and so does my biceps. I have now rested for 2 hours and my wrists still ache a bit but my arms have a really dull ache. After writing this, my thumbs ache (I'm not using them) and my arms are getting worse.

Is this the start of RSI? Or am I Knackered from doing alot of sports yesterday and doing alot with my thingers today?

Would I have RSI for life? How would it affect me? I am now going to have a long warm bath using my Mum's muscle relaxing salts.

Thanks, Trif.

I've never heard of RSI.........but stop playing so many games for hours at a time. Problem solved.

Sounds like you need to take more breaks and do some wrist exercises or something to get more range of motion instead of repeating the same movements from games and crap.

I type basically all day long between forums and my dads business, play guitar, played piano and crap like that so I know carpel tunal is in my future, however it's all about taking breaks and stretching the muscles in your hand

TAKE OFF THE
noraganesha7a.jpg

AND PUT ON SOME
l_pant-1.jpg

lol... j/k

I used to get RSI pretty badly at my old job... now I am coding for a living and therefore typing all the time, but I no longer get RSI...

Its all down to posture and seating position... if you are getting RSI. you are not sitting at a good height for the device (keyboard/wheel/etc) that you are using... my new office is much more laid back so I can have my chair exactly how I want it to be comfortable... and if you do get any wrist strain... pause what you are doing and get up and have a little walk about... works wonders!

I have woken today with my right arm aching, and my left fine (which was the worst yesterday.) I am going to have a relaxed weekend, and not do a binge gaming season for a while.

I think it was the 360's controller that did it though.

maaaaaaaaan, for whatever STRANGE reason my wrist started hurting this evening =/

Angers me more since it didn't happen until sometime after reading this thread lol. But now if I move my hand too far in one direction it feels like a muscle is out of place or something. WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!?

:p

I have a arm ache now, so I'm hoping my body is healing its self, and teaching me a lesson (I don't usually do gaming binges, but I do do them (usually at lan's.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom