Roo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XT said:
is anarchy banned? I haven't seen a psot in a while and it says not a girl in the avatar when it has forum babe above it i smell guys handy work lol.
I never liked roo, actually i never saw the funny part about him. Yasher was a moron yes but they fought every freaking day. hard to bare with.

Geez.... spread the hate! Was it comments like these that got them banned??

digital_darknes said:
*sigh*

It is a myth that your ip address is unchangeable.

I dont know about the little small town ISP's you guys got but here in texas you get a new IP everytime you reboot your modem. It would take to much man power to assign everyone an ip address, that is a laughable idea on a big city ISP.

Most ISPs who provide the medium of dial-up/ISDN/xDSL will use PPP/PPPoE for residential connections, changing your IP address every time your machine is rebooted, etc. With most xDSL ISPs, your connection is assigned to a single backbone (identifiable in your IP address's hostname), which can consist of one to several different IP address ranges depending on however much the ISP needs - very crucial as more subscribers sign on.

Of course, there are people who then pay for more static IP addresses, for their own purposes.

Cable modem connections, for the most part, remain "always-on", but nowadays there is a growing number of them who use dynamic addressing (not referring to the "dynamically-static" addressing that is so commonly used).

digital_darknes said:
*sigh*

It is a myth that your ip address is unchangeable.

Ummmmm.... that might be true for the people that are still on 56k, but in Cable or DSL (which most people are on here), your IP address is either STATIC or DYNAMIC. And with a Dynamic IP address, that might only change once every few months on DSL or Cable.

dyanmic changes everytime a modem is rebooted.

Mine does anyway.

The only thing that doesnt change are the first 2 octets. So if someone was to ban me, they could ban me with X.X.*.*, but they would be banning everyone in, and around, the houston area.

Not to say ill ever be banned though :)

I change my IP every so-often, I unplug my modem and plug it back in (it's a cable modem btw) just so that any hackers that may record people's IPs to hack in again (for I don't know what reason) don't have my IP forever

I don't think I've seen much of Roo personally, so I can't really say what I think of him

XT said:
is anarchy banned? I haven't seen a psot in a while and it says not a girl in the avatar when it has forum babe above it i smell guys handy work lol.

Na dawg, I'm still crackin'. Why, is there some reason you think I should be banned?

My 2 cents....

Forums have rules and moderation for a reason. If you consistently break the rules expect to bear the consequences. And personally, especially now that my spare time has become quite limited, the last thing I, or many others, want to be doing when we get a chance to peruse the forums is wade through a whole whack of crass BS.

If you banned the ISP's IP address then no one that used the ISP in Roo's area would be able to view the forums. So in all reality, if he had DSL or Dial Up, he could simply change his IP by connecting/disconnecting to his ISP, while if he had cable it would be a little more difficult, but he could make a phone call or two and have it changed.

If he wants to be a part of the forums that bad...Then he needs a life.

Speaking of getting booted, what happened with HardKore{Killa} ???

I noticed he now has been BANNED titled.

Since we won't publicly discuss a particular ex-member's banning, just note that if you break the rules and choose not to abide by them after a warning, then you'll be banned.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom