Rolling tobacco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, register with the company to recieve free gifts... I got quite a few buy one this get another free, or money off on rolling tobacco and packs of cigs...

Yeah, tobacco companies aren't shy about freebies and it's probably only going to get better since the taxes went up so much.

My folks use Golden Leaf or something of that nature. It's good stuff though mixed with the filter stocks or whatever. It's 8.50 for a very large bag. They are just hard to pack and burn quicker without the tar, baking soda, and rat turdage in them.

I'm still smoking a pack a day of Marlboro's man and it's about to kill me. We have the cheapest packs at 3.70, but I work out of town and it's normally 5.50ish in most places that I go.

store smokes are getting darn expensive here!! I switched from Marlb Lights ( Been on em for 12 years now) to Sonoma Lights.. Marlb's were running $6+ a pak! Sonomas are like $32 a carton at the smoke shop.

Darn Sin-Tax.. I was thinkin about rollin my own.. Check your local indian reservation. They sell tobacco pretty cheap.

New tax raised RYO (roll your own) tobacco by $24 a pound (not to sure if that happened everywhere or if they done state-by-state) ANYWAY My dad was looking around (he used to buy/smoke it until he switched to snus because of the tax) and noticed they didn't put to much of a tax on pipe tobacco. He also mentioned you're capable of using it in RYO cigs....so try that maybe?

^ Good suggestion.

Pipe tobacco burns differently, it hasn't worked great in cigs in my experience, plus the flavors can be kinda nasty when smoked through a cig rather than a pipe. Sir Walter Raleigh - Aromatic Blend (not the original SWR, that tastes like camel arse) was pleasant enough and I've found it for $3.50 a pouch before. So that's one that might foot the bill if you can find it cheaply. Also, Prince Albert and Half and Half can be used to make cigs according to their packaging and those are maybe $5 for a pouch. They're kind of "old school" but they might be worth a shot and you should be able to find em any place.

well he was looking at sites about it and noticed this one is selling a "new blend" for pipe tobacco..and it's a blend he used to buy for RYO tobacco..so my guess is companies are looking for loopholes. I dunno about the taste..never smoked much to know personally...he did say it's cut a bit shorter usually. Guess that's why it burns differently.

goodluck in your search..i hate how smokers have to take the blame for everything n stuck will all the taxes :(

Snus...is horrible. I'm considering switching to meth or maybe cocaine to save money from cigarettes.

And I think you're right on the 24 bucks a pound. My folks just bought 30 some odd bags a few weeks ago because the owner of the tobacco shop said it was about to reach $35 bucks a bag.

Screwed all the way around.

You can always take some crushed oak leaves and roll them in rolling papers.

^ They'll just start taxing the trees then:rolleyes:

I've tried snus, don't care for it. They're pushing it hard, though, cause the taxes are still low. Give it a year and it'll be as high as everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom