ROFL FALAFEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldIndustries said:
I really didn't think the graphics were that bad on the Wii... Now I know.

The specs from what I hear are going to be somewhat around the performance of the original xbox but with DX9 capabilities.

General, PS3 is $600 for the 60GB version and $500 for the 20GB versions. HINT: Get the $500 one. The PS3 uses traditional 2.5" drives without any proprietary-ness to it. So you can buy a regular joe 2.5" 120GB drive off of Newegg for around $90 and stick that inside your $500 PS3. That way, you can have a $600 PS3, but with twice the HDD space. PS3 will format it for you.

OR, you could buy a $10 (guess) 2.5"-3.5" connector cable and use a regular old 3.5" drive with your PS3. Note that it will be sitting outside the PS3 if you do this, so whoever tries should get an external enclosure. But still, 750GB Seagate Barracuda for your PS3, anyone? Only thing left to see now is what kind of Media Sony has available for snatching up; hopefully something rivaling Microsoft's Xbox LIVE!.

Oh, and the Wii is $250 here is the US.

Unless you pre-ordered one, good luck getting the PS3 for less than $1000 with all the things that retailers are going to bundle with it. And the Wii is bundling for around $600.

The Wii isn't for gamers who like to play ub3r 4w50m3 graphics and ub3r l33t CS:S. If you haven't seen the Nintendo DS ads lately, they are marketing to a way broader type of people - everyone. Instead of making Final Fantasy 43563463 with characters that look like anime, they have games where graphics don't even matter.

so instead we get what....zelda 6 or 7 i think. keep in mind that Final Fantasy 1 through 6 were Nintendo . Nintendo are even worse at repeating games than Sony.

if it's gonna go bad would you rather them just stop mario games or slowly make similar games over and over again so new generations lap it up and think it's the greatest new thing? Some change would be nice, but how much variety is possible with our beloved plumber? If I had a franchise like that I'd milk it for all it's worth too.

The General said:
The Wii isn't for gamers who like to play ub3r 4w50m3 graphics and ub3r l33t CS:S. If you haven't seen the Nintendo DS ads lately, they are marketing to a way broader type of people - everyone. Instead of making Final Fantasy 43563463 with characters that look like anime, they have games where graphics don't even matter.
I'm not putting the Wii down, I have just been noticing lately that nintendo has been skimping on the technology side of things. The gamecube, for example. The DS is pretty cool though, even though I don't own one.

None of it really matters to me anyway, as I don't own any game consoles and never intend to. :D

mrscientific13 said:
if it's gonna go bad would you rather them just stop mario games or slowly make similar games over and over again so new generations lap it up and think it's the greatest new thing? Some change would be nice, but how much variety is possible with our beloved plumber? If I had a franchise like that I'd milk it for all it's worth too.

... or they can just make a new game instead of relying on mario and zelda. I mean they made 7 Mario Party games! Come on! and they're making 8th one for the Wii.

Mario used to be about innovation, now it is just the same crap over again. They are never going to be good like the old ones on the NES and Mario 64. Hopefully this Wii crap is going to live up to the hype. I'm just afraid that the controllers will be inaccurate and get old fast, everyone says they are really cool, but they really only get a very short amount of time to play with, so of course they are cool.

I dunno, I'm not well versed in the console gaming area, I thought Final Fantasy was Sony. :confused:

I don't even own any consoles. :p

well, mario party was a classic, mario 64 a classic, super mario brothers is a classic, and more and more can be said to be a classic, making nintendo own the biggest amount of "classic" games.

Beefcake said:
I'm just afraid that the controllers will be inaccurate and get old fast, everyone says they are really cool, but they really only get a very short amount of time to play with, so of course they are cool.

Now the wii....Its putting the U in Unique again, for thats what nintendo deos best, and seeing some videos of its gameplay makes me think that its made so that you WON'T get bored of it very fast since the controller function seems very simple and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom