A rocker for normal people? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakie

Fully Optimized
This is a peice from 20Q with Kid Rock in the March 2005 Playboy:

Q: Record companies are in a frenzy over downloading and piracy. Are you worried?

A: It's going to happen. We're not going to stop it. It's like anything else -- someone will capitalize and make a mint off it, and then we'll all get jacked around, walls will be set up, and eventually it'll work itself out. Right now who knows who's doing it right and who's doing it wrong? When it first started happening the record companies came to me and said, "We need you to stand up against this bootlegging and piracy and sh*t. All the other artists are." But after doing research on it and talking to people with some brains -- because I'm not the most knowledgable person on this -- I said, "Wait a second." The record companies have been ripping off the artists for years. Now somebody's ripping off the record companies, and they want the artists to stand up for them. So I was like, "F*ck you! I'm happy they're ripping you off." It's kind of funny. I'm getting ripped off either way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kid Rock just got some points in my book.

No one will ever stop piracy, purely because there will ALWAYS be somebody who can't afford to buy the products people want to sell and because there will ALWAYS be the pressure from others in the form of "WOWOWOWOW have you heard/seen/played/something?"

the only way to stop piracy is to make the prices representative of the work done. (about £1/2 per album depending on production costs.)

I think its pretty cool that he stood up for what he believes, not what his managers tell him. If I couldn't download stuff, I wouldn't buy it either. I guess in a way im supporting him, but not with my green stuff.

traviswrx said:
I think its pretty cool that he stood up for what he believes, not what his managers tell him.
Ditto. Still, I am not going to use the excuse of "Well the band members don't see any money any ways" to stop me from purchacing music.

It's not just the bands that want to make money here, it your local CD store that needs to make a living too.

Some of you Sydney-siders might know of a store called Central Station Records. These guys focus only on techno. But due to the amount of people just getting their hits only for the P2P networks, they movied into a smaller store, and they are not concentrating only on vinal.

Kid Rock is to be the headliner in this year's Riverbend Festival in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

I don't plan on going to see him, but I hear that Pat Benetar and Cheap Trick will be playing one night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom