RMA time, thanks Western Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the warnings and tips. When I save up enough for shipping and packaging, I will call ASUS directly anyways, so all that stuff is good to know ahead of time. And, of course, I would never yell or offend a service rep on purpose anyway.

ohGrFreak said:
And, of course, I would never yell or offend a service rep on purpose anyway.
However you can get a way with blowing steam at the sales rep (provided that they are not the same person).

One thing to keep in mind..... sales staff need your business. RMA staff normally don't.
I have lost count the number of times where i have seen sales staff yell at their RMA staff because the RMA staff is pissing off the sales staff's customer.
And if the sales staff can not get any sales in, then the likely hood of RMA staff have RMAs to fix becomes un-needed.

I've always warned people that ASUS has horrible tech support "Oh well, not like I'll need it" :rolleyes:

But yeah, western digital is pretty cool...last time I had to RMA mine, I just did that cross shipping and they sent out a drive before I even sent my broken one. They are pretty quick and on the ball about their sheeeit

DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING

SHIT!! I used to have ASUS TW direct RMA contact details here. I don't now.

However I do have the letter that I addressed to an ASUS distributor, and CC over to ASUS.TW directly.

Dear [ASUS DISTRIBUTOR RMA STAFF].

In regards to our conversation this morning, I have faxing over copy of the invoices for the ASUS A7VL133-VM Motherboard that as purchase in March 2002. To my understanding (and to my clients understanding), Asus Motherboard come standard with 3 YEARS MANUFACTURERÂ’S WARRANTY . I find the fact that you are not honouring warranty on a board that was purchased 2 years and 10 months ago (at the time of sending back to you in Jan 05) is rather disturbing and unacceptable. Plus it questions my over all faith in Asus Products in general.

I also find that it is unacceptable that you refuse my request for putting the your reason why this warranty has been dishonoured down in writing.

If I see a 3 YEAR MANUFACTURERÂ’S WARRANTY marked on a product at the point of sale, I expect that warranty to be honoured for the full 3 years.

I have included copies of our invoices to this fax. All of them show that we have purchased this motherboard with in 3 years ago. Therefore there is warranty on this board. If there was a problem with this motherboard serial number and invoice number not matching up ; then why didnÂ’t you comment on this about a month ago when we originally sent in the motherboard. Again, I would like this reason to be put down in writing if you can honour the warranty.

If you can not horror this warranty on this board, I suggest that YOU (or Asus) put it in writing on why the warranty has been dishonoured with in the 3 year warranty period.

I have attached a copy of 3 invoices where there was ASUS A7VL133-VM Motherboard purchased in the March 2002. I suggest you recheck your data base again.

Please note that I am forwarding this matter directly to ASUS as well.

Please address the above matters A.S.A.P.

Thank you.

-HARPER

This was the reason why the Distributors RMA staff told me to deal directly with ASUS.

There has been a few other emails that I have sent to other manufacturers about various other distributors down there. And that seems to cause all sorts of fireworks down here.

ohGrFreak said:
I have the ASUS rma email and phone number now. It seems odd that the phone number is not toll free.
The is a reason why.........
It cost the motherboard manufacturers enough as is to process your RMA, let alone setting up a phone number where they get billed just so they can listen to end user complained about RMAs.

BTW, check your PM. I have a direct contact emial address for ASUS RMA.

Wow, there is some serious crap going on out there lol

If i was you harper and you don't get the warranty stuff straightend out then i would take it to court. lol

Anyways one time TD.com sent me a bad Socket 754 CPU with out the heatsink and i ordered it as retail, i called, sat there on the line with someone who could speak decent english for 10 minutes and he said to send the CPU back with a copy of my invoice and that i would recive a new CPU with a stock Heatsink with in 2 days. Sure enough i got the new CPU 2 days after i talked to him and they confirmed that they recieved my old CPU a week later. Why i get such good results from tiger i dunno, but its nice :) even though there more expensive....

charles_scott said:
Wow, there is some serious crap going on out there lol

If i was you harper and you don't get the warranty stuff straightend out then i would take it to court. lol
I really hate it when the client is a lawyer.
Harper said:
Currently I am a little piss off at my JUST COOLER supplier as they will not honer the 5 year manufacture's warranty on a PSU. Unfortunalty this means that i have to send my blown PSU back directly to JUST COOLER (over seas). With the amount of arsing about that is going to be, i might as well purchase another PSU.
(GREAT, MORE MONEY I NOW DON'T HAVE :rolleyes: )
Speak of the devil, guess who needs to send a motherboard back to me today.............. :D

JUST COOLER :- I need this motherboard fix urgently
ME :- I suggest you send it to the manufacter directly then.
ME :- (THINK) F**CKING BASTARD!!!! I just had to purchase a new PSU today thanks to your lazy arse!!!! Time for your own medicine.

charles_scott said:
That is funny shit there lol, you should have told him off.
Actaully, I wanted to give him an enima with my dead Just Cooler 400 Watt PSU. :angry:

I did not feel like purchasing PSU this month. Heck, I am still owing on the UPS that got blown up last month. :angry: :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom