RMA time, thanks Western Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
This is just an observation I wanted to point out that I find really odd.

If you browse the hardware and OS forums often, you may know that my computer was dying, I have to replace the 6800 and the HDD.

I requested an RMA for the ASUS 6800 first, almost a month ago, and still have heard no reply.

On the other hand, I contacted Western Digital about my HDD and they gave me detailed instructions and an RMA number without even talking to someone over then phone. It has been less than a week since I RMA'd the HDD and they have the new drive sent out already via UPS 2-day shipping.

This is not the only time I have tried to contact ASUS on a problem, and on that occasion as well I have yet to have a reply.

This thread is an open thank you to Western Digital for being the easiest to deal with manufacturor I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I never knew that the RMA process could have been so quick and painless.

Any bad/good RMA stories you'd like to share?

Asus has the absolute worst tech support around, you'll end up talking with foreigners who can hardly speak english. Western Digital has always been a good company.

My worst RMA experience was with a retailer ncix. I can't say I can blame them 100% and they shipped fairly fast, but they sent me two DOA parts in a row, so I took my business elseware

I haven't had to rma a WD drive yet, but I do love their drives. Fast, quiet, and reliable. I like Seagates better though.

macdude425 said:
My best friend told me a story about his RMA encounter with WD---his replacement somehow got lost in the system, so when they sent a replacement, they sent him a HD two times bigger than the original.

The original was 80GB.

I'd love to have mine lost in the system, I'd end up having a 500 gig HD!

bad RMA stories?

hmm...don't have one yet

buuut i once i had to return my kingston ram and received full money back, but before that, i already sent in the rebates for it

few weeks later, i get 2 $35 checks in the mail :p

yay!

Not really an RMA but tryed to return RAM to office depot before the 14 day refund/exchange ended and they wouldnt accept it because my mother made a freaking check for it, and they said the check hadn't completly cleared yet. And that was on DAY 13 i wasnt going to come back on day 14 and them give me more BS so we threatend to call up the BBB and call the local police about it because office depot gives them BS when they order massive amounts of paper and ink thru them since there cheap.

RMA with western digital down here is for the end user to take it back to the store where they purchased it from. And from there, you just need to hope that the computer store brings it back up the distribution channel.

So unless you have a freind that works that a WD Wholesalers/Distributor, then i do suggest that you chase up the computert store that your returned the drive back to. I have dealt wit some cases where the computer store might only send a consignment of RMA good back for RMA once a month. Therefore it could be at least 6 weeks before you see that coming back.

It one of the reasons why I like Seagates. It's because I can deal directly with the manufacturer, as appose to my supply chain.

When you contact a company about something and don't get a reply, you just have to keep pushing them and sending loads of emails and whatever. Eventually they will reply, almost 100% of the time, but you have to really make them. That's my experience anyway.

m3trj said:
When you contact a company about something and don't get a reply, you just have to keep pushing them and sending loads of emails and whatever. Eventually they will reply, almost 100% of the time, but you have to really make them. That's my experience anyway.
If you can find there telephone number, that is even better.

Also another word of advise when it comes down to dealing with RMA is DO NOT YELL AT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE MANAGING YOUR RMA. The have the following abilities :-

1. RMA policy states that you need to pack the goods safely when you return it. There is nothing stopping the person handling your RMA from actually breaking some thing on the unit, then blaming it on your courier. I saw a bit of that happening when i was doing my collage industry expereince (1998) as a certain motherboard importer that I will not name.

2. Put your RMA at the end of the queue. RMA works on a first in first served basis. They do have the ability to take your RMA from it orginal position in the queue, and put in at the end.

2a. They have the ability to continuely delay your RMA, with lines like "We are waiting for RMA stock to come in". If you ever get that line, then you might want to contact the manufacturer to find out when your country will be getting your stock in.

2b. OH, and just incase you do try to contact the manufacturer directly, get ready to deal with the manufacture directly. I did piss this one guy off down to the point that I reported his company directly to ASUS.
He calls me back, then tells me "Since you have Asus contact details, you take this motherboard directly to them"

Currently I am a little piss off at my JUST COOLER supplier as they will not honer the 5 year manufacture's warranty on a PSU. Unfortunalty this means that i have to send my blown PSU back directly to JUST COOLER (over seas). With the amount of arsing about that is going to be, i might as well purchase another PSU.
(GREAT, MORE MONEY I NOW DON'T HAVE :rolleyes: )

The funny thing is that my Just Cooler Supplier purchases a lot of Motherboards and optical drives from me. So I am going to remember this when some thing comes back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom