RMA goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I planned on selling my X1950XT since I happened into my 3850. The card had been acting up, throwing artifacts that drivers didn't seem to help. On the chance that it might be a hardware issue, I RMA'd it. Since no one carries the card anymore, I had to go through Sapphire's RMA process.

Sapphire is a bit of a prude about RMA. You have to have the original receipt. I have had the card for a year out of the two year warranty, and, of course, I could not find the receipt. I emailed ZZF (where I bought it), and they emailed me a PDF of my receipt. ;)

I got the card packed up and sent off with the $15 for return postage and handling, but hadn't heard from them for a couple of weeks. I get home and get an email from the RMA center. The are offering to give me a 2900PRO 512MB in exchange for my X1950XT 256MB. Can you say "Yep, yep!" I knew you could. :D

Yeah, I be a happy dude.

I planned on selling my X1950XT since I happened into my 3850. The card had been acting up, throwing artifacts that drivers didn't seem to help. On the chance that it might be a hardware issue, I RMA'd it. Since no one carries the card anymore, I had to go through Sapphire's RMA process.

Sapphire is a bit of a prude about RMA. You have to have the original receipt. I have had the card for a year out of the two year warranty, and, of course, I could not find the receipt. I emailed ZZF (where I bought it), and they emailed me a PDF of my receipt. ;)

I got the card packed up and sent off with the $15 for return postage and handling, but hadn't heard from them for a couple of weeks. I get home and get an email from the RMA center. The are offering to give me a 2900PRO 512MB in exchange for my X1950XT 256MB. Can you say "Yep, yep!" I knew you could. :D

Yeah, I be a happy dude.

Man... your lucky.... I hate your people's luck :(

EDIT: Try to flash it to an HD 2900XT and you can get a good $250+ from a n00b on eBay ;)

Wow and I thought I got lucky on my ballistix rma. Nice.

How does the 2900 pro compare to the HD 3850?

Lucky !

BFG arn't so bad either, i emailed them with proof that my 8800GTS was faulty. They said it was no doubt faulty and it would go wrong within a year or two (its way to hot, the chip will burn out), and when it does they are offering a free replacement of a nVidia card worth the same amount as when i bought my 8800GTS :eek: (£180) That's a good deal, i'd say.

But i'll probably replace it before it breaks anyway - buts its allways nice to know they offer such good support.

2900PRO falls between 3850 and 3870, so I'm happy to take it. I plan on transferring the Accelero on to it. Once I get the original cooler for the 3850 I will list it here in the B/S/T forum.

I'm happy with the performance of the 3850, so the 2900 will just be icing on the cake.

You only play BF2 don't you ? Im sure you don't gain anything performance wise if u have anything above a old 7800GT (at a normal resolution, of course) i would of thought a 7800GT would max BF2 out and play it smoothly, so why the need to upgrade ?

Or do you play other games that i am not aware of ? :cool:

I went from a 7800GTX to the X1950XT to the 3850, and will be moving to the 2900PRO. Upgrades are good with me. ;)

I never max the game out. I have my settings so that I can see the other guy best, not for eye candy. BF2 looks pretty good turned up, but I play to blow people away.

I use my GFX card(s) to Fold.

Oh - fair enough.

I have to admit i am like that on CSS. It's more of a psychological advantage on my behalf then anything else. With CSS on full i never drop below 100fps, but still i decide to have most settings on low so i get 300fps+.

Trotter - you should play CSS. I would love to pwn an Admin in a game :p

If i go into steam and look in my profile, here is what it says (remember i ONLY play CSS)

Playing time: 92.3 hrs past 2 weeks. It's been around that figure (+/- 30hours) for the past 2 years.. that equtes to an entire 13.2 Months of playing time in 2 years :eek:
Wow, that's terrible. For half my life over the past 2 years i have been playing CSS - no wonder i have got through 5 keyboards because the WASD keys had pretty much vanished. (On a side note i do love my new Logitech G15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom