RIP Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( indeed
Googled around, man mass confusion. CBS tweeted he was dead, then issued an apology saying whoops we were wrong. Now it looks like they were right the first time.

Sad day. it's raining here too, for the first time in like eight months :tongue:

Sad day. it's raining here too, for the first time in like eight months :tongue:

Interestingly it just rained like an absolute mother here too.. not seen rain that strong for years.
I found this on the web, a few people have posted it. I like it.

18UqD.jpg

Look, I know I may not be a fan of Apple or its products. I know I may be one of the biggest people against them. But I am not stupid either. I do know that we wouldnt have as many devices today or have some of the technology today that we have if it wasnt for this man. I am truly and honestly sad about the loss.

I will put to rest my Android Phone for an hour in respect for the loss of Steve. I know without him, such things may have never taken off. I dont think my view of the company will ever change, but I will forever respect what he has done for the industry.

RIP Steve Jobs.

I'm in the same boat Mak. I think just about everyone who's ever communicated with me has heard me bash Apple at one point or another but I am very said to hear of Jobs' death. The IT industry, in fact you could go so far as to say the world as a whole would be a very different place had he and Woz not met up. While I'm not a fan of many Apple products, least of all the iPod it DID contribute in a huge way to pushing the adoption of digital media and I think without it online content distribution would be a shadow of what it is today. Apple's initial presence in the PC market made it competitive and I'd say without it mainstream computing would be very different now and probably more expensive. I have nothing but the utmost respect for how he managed to turn Apple around to the billions of dollars of profit they now make. Then there's his influence at Next and Pixar.

RIP Steve Jobs. Good night sweet prince.

Steve was a great business man and was really good at spotting good ideas and turning them into great ideas. And while I don't agree with how he treated many of his employee's in his earlier years at Apple, without his work much of the technology that we've come so accustom to using might not even exist.

RIP Mr. Jobs,
1955-2011

Tack another one on the "I'm with Mak" list.

I have my own opinion of Apple. That said, things like that just. don't. matter. here. Whether you're the biggest Windows fan in the world, the most passionate Linux user, or simply just want Apple to burn to the ground for whatever reason, the bottom line is we still lost a very innovative man today. The tech industry is continually tested and pushed to be better in every dimension because of people like him.

Rest easy, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom