"The Ringworm Children" (translated in Hebrew as "100,000 Rays"),

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnd187

Banned
On August 14, at 9 PM, Israel's Channel Ten television screened a documentary film which exposes the ugliest secret of Israel's Labor party founders: the deliberate mass radiation poisoning of nearly all Sephardi youths of a generation.

"The Ringworm Children" (translated in Hebrew as "100,000 Rays"), directed by David Belhassen and Asher Hemias, recently won the prize for "best documentary" at the Haifa International film festival, and in the past year has made the rounds of Jewish and Israeli film festivals around the world. But it had yet to come to Israeli television screens. The subject is the mass irradiation of hundreds of thousands of young Israeli immigrants from Middle Eastern countries -- Sephardim, as they are called today. The story goes like this:

In 1951, the director general of the Israeli Health Ministry, Dr. Chaim Sheba, flew to America and returned with seven x-ray machines, supplied to him by the American army.

They were to be used in a mass atomic experiment with an entire generation of Sephardi youths to be used as guinea pigs. Every Sephardi child was to be given 35,000 times the maximum dose of x-rays through his head. For doing so, the American government paid the Israeli government 300 million Israeli liras a year. The entire Health budget was 60 million liras. The money paid by the Americans is equivalent to billions of dollars today.

this is in response to trotters post in the prove the moon exists thread no pun intended, but it is nice for the survivors and the soldiers who died for them to know that the Jews did the same thing

israelinsider: Views: Ringworm and Radiation
Source^

All governments have done shameful things. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Reading the article reminds me of Michael Moore. Lots of political agenda. Not that that means it didn't happen, of course.

its true i saw the documentary on it, seems kinda funny how they want to be felt sorry for but they do something worse themselves

People do stupid things. Especially in the name of scientific discovery.

like slaughter your own people after they have been slaughtered? not tryin' to get into a debate with ya trotter

No, this is a good debate. Believe me, you'd know an argument with me. ;)

For Israel to do something like that just a few years after gaining their homeland back was more than a little dumb. But how many other countries have done similar things? Way more than we will ever know about.

Back then radiation was new and unknown. While its effects could be studied in animals, animals are not humans. While it is possible for something like that to be done today (Hussein tested biologic weapons on his own people, for instance), you will only find it in lesser developed countries and dictatorships. It is sad to even think that things like this were done at all, much less that they are still being carried out somewhere in this world.

yeah, i have to agree with trotter, all governments have done stuff like this in the past, its all just about how much publicity it gets. i wont even bother mentioning america as the whole government is a farce. the british have done their bit too, mainly in india and south africa during the second world war and the apartheid. there's the sudanese government and the war raging in darfur right now. there's the way the japanese treated POWs during second world war

the list is endless

but like trotter said, it happens mostly in third world countires because, to be brutally honest (argue with me on this all you like) they arent as socially advanced as us. look at the way they treat people and compare it to how we treated people in the middle ages. apart from us brits using really bizarre forms of torture, there's not all that much difference in culture (apart from the fact that most third world cultures are now mixed up with western tradition).

Yep sure I will take a stab at it.

Back in the 50's the British government experimented on radiation with the army the iradated humans and animals and about 5 years ago some surviovrs took a case to court as now some of them are getting cancer and other health problems related to Radiation.

Bromide was given to soldiers in a misguided belief that it would stop them from turning gay in the field (Bromide lowers the sex drive) but it also causes infertility and that was a huge mistake.

I think that what happened in Israel was a bad mistake but I can kind of see why they did it, at the time radiation was a new thing and the young country was surrounded by people who didn't like them much and eventually might develop nuclear weapons of there own and use them on there home land so it was felt that they must understand the effects as well as they can.

Yep sure I will take a stab at it.
I think that what happened in Israel was a bad mistake but I can kind of see why they did it, at the time radiation was a new thing and the young country was surrounded by people who didn't like them much and eventually might develop nuclear weapons of there own and use them on there home land so it was felt that they must understand the effects as well as they can.

i dont think it was a mistake.... how can you make a mistake about giving people 35,000 the max dosage of m-m-monster kill x-rays? they should have known those kids were going to get schooled. its not exactly like they're shut off from the outside world, they have access to this information on wikipedia for crying out loud lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom