Rich Pompous ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curry Viking

Baseband Member
I have a freind who's been annoying me and my freinds recently, mainly me over a large period of time. My freind is extremely rich, he can have anything he wants and he's trying to tell us he's not spoilt. He bought an Xbox 360 with his "own" money, which he earnt at his Dad's company, so he got payed about $150 for 2 hours of work a day! Then his parents bought him a whole bunch of games. Here's what really annoys me..

He came over one day and saw me playing HL2 and UT2004, and all of a sudden is like "Oh Man, i really want a gaming pc now" In his defense his family needed a new pc, so i agreed to build him a new pc, one that would fit all his families needs (word processing, browsing ect) but it would do it a **** of a lot faster then their Pentium 3 system.

I organised the parts and the pc to be built buy Umart.com.au (they charge $40 labour and i could't be bothered building it) The specs were an Athlon 3200+, 1gb ram, 160gb hd, and a 6200. I showed him the specs, and he goes "will it be able to play games really well?" I told i made it to for his whole family, so he asked me to change the order on umart and ask for an athlon 4000+ and a 6800gt, it added about an extra $600 to the pc, and he told his dad "It will make the pc faster" even though it was already sufficient for needs.

His family doubted my intelligence, and got the whole specs list checked out by a techie at his Dad's work. When the pc was built, He nor his family even thanked me.

Now i'm not jealous, just angry, that this guy doesn't deserve anything he gets, he once randomly asked for an ipod mini and his parents gave it to him no questions asked. He gets average marks and is already anti-social as it gets (15 and doesn't even know one girl.) He's being such a pompous ***** to all my freind too, I got a B in a math test, he got an A, and he will literally go "Ha i got an A suck it!" Or my freind who sucks at math who got a D, he'll say "Hmm maybe if you were like me you'd pass."

If you were in my position would you say something to this guy or just let it slide?

yeah why are you even talking to this guy if i find someone i don't like i just quit talking to them it saves me a whole lot of pain and suffering later on

tell him "Yo.....before you were funny and likeable, now you're annoying spoiled little jerk"

simple as that :D

I knew someone just like this. He was home schooled by his mom who had inherited a large cattle ranch and had sold it and made bank on it. He literally got everything he wanted. He would get mult-hundred dollar RC cars and such and toy with them for a day. He was also anti-social and it really started annoying me. I just stopped hanging out with him and i think he caught my drift and left me alone.

I would stop hanging out with him if your not getting what you deserve. Tell him what your feeling and see if it changes anything. :confused:

I attended a private high school and there were a lot of very wealthy kids there. And I remember it being like this: you call a rich kid rich and they react the same way as a [SNIPPED - unnecessary comparison]. Only the latter has some validity. Wealth--usually--is a good thing, but those spoiled kids take it as an insult when their peers acknowledge it. They want all the perks of being priveleged; the money, the fun, recreation etc. without the stigma of actually being acknowledged as wealthy. These kids are no fun, generally lazy, often not too bright, and will probably turn out to be bad human beings. Forget it, but leave it too.

just tell him not to be such a jackass, and you respect your relationship, if he doesnt get the hint, leave him alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom