Rice Cookers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Vacuums have become official tech items ever since Newegg started carrying them. Next week it'll probably be rice cookers.

I was bored, so I though I might start this thread a little early.

Rice Cookers. You Use them? Or do you just boil water and add rice?

We have an old rice cooker...it's my fiance's, I never used one before. They're pretty cool though, you can use them for other stuff.

Used to use boil in bag rice, but have moved on to regular cooking rice now due to our diet. Not that we eat much rice, as it is 3 Weight Watchers point per serving. I got to have it when I cook Chinese, though.

I thought this thread was going to be about imports. I'm glad it's not.

If I had a rice cooker I'd probably want to learn how to make sushi. Although, I probably couldn't afford to buy sushi grade fish. Or I'd probably just be too lazy to make my own and just go to a restaurant and order it.

I like rice from rice cookers. I find that the rice is more moist.

If I had a rice cooker I'd probably want to learn how to make sushi. Although, I probably couldn't afford to buy sushi grade fish. Or I'd probably just be too lazy to make my own and just go to a restaurant and order it.

I don't have the skill or time to make sushi, however i don't mind making Onigiri or Japanese Rice Balls.

Japanese Sticky Rice
Japanese Mayonnaise
Canned Tuna
Seaweed
Salt.

There is really not much skill required in making Onigiri.
How to Make Onigiri (with pictures) - wikiHow

Sushi grade fish is easily available if you wake up and go to the docks on wholesale market day. Just remember that really fresh fish doesn't smell fish it just smells of brine, the fishie smell is the fish starting to decompose.

I am hopeless at cooking rice I can only make sticky rice whether I want to or not even in rice cookers so I usually use microwave rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom