RIAA + search warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removalble Rack.

They might as search warrant to inspect computer, but they have to work at getting a search warrant to seach your house.

asupertech said:
just dont stoe all of your music in the shared download folder, or any other folder that can be shared....

store all your music on a different computer that isnt on the internet......that they can't see from the internet...

use one computer for downloading... (another computer on your internal LAN) one computer for storing.... if you have another computer that is... doesn't everyone have a LAN at home these days with several computers? :p

oh yeah
um downloading music is bad.....

dont do it.. :D

I don't think you need to go as far as putting it on a separate computer that is "unplugged" from the net, then you loose the functionality of the whole thing. It was said earlier and i believe it... that they can't scan your computer without breaking laws themselves. SO i would say, do what i do, have it on a separate HDD as your programs (always a good configuration no matter what) and make sure that HDD isn;t shared. Might be a good idea to install a firewall, but that is optional.

b_young86 said:
I don't think you need to go as far as putting it on a separate computer that is "unplugged" from the net, then you loose the functionality of the whole thing..

how is the functionality lost? it is just on a separate Lan, still connected to the computer on the internet, you can share files between the two, but the sotrage area isnt accesible from the internet, at all...
i have five computers all can share files, 3 of them can not be seen, nor can they reach the internet, by design, the other two can be on the internet...

not to say that i would donwload music, nor would i store large amount of mpes anywhere..... but just a suggestion...
:p

HardKore{Killa} said:
well riaa doesn't sound like a good company now i understand y so many people hate them and i bet they've probably had a few law suites on their hands by now

The Australian BSSA is not much better.
If you want to see some links that will possibly make the hair on the back of your next stand up on end, then go here , then followed by here .

ok well that whole electro magenet thing is bullshit. If the RIAA was really realy really bent on trying to **** you over, they will look over every square inch of your hard drive with an electron microscope and read it out sequence by squence, but they would loose MUCH more money than they would gain, since it would cost them about 10-50 thousand dollars (depending on the size, make, blah blah blah of your hard drive, and how many hard drives you had) than they would have to go through a whole court battle which would cost them 10-20 thousand, all in all they lose unless they sue you for some crazy amount like 100,000 - 150,000, and taht would never get through. I am gonna get a ****in external HD soon, I cant wait, because i ****in hate the RIAA!!! stupid mother ****s take our freedom.

Forceflow said:
in canada recently downloading and sharing music was legalized. A study was conducted and it concluded that music download hadn't at all hurt the sales of cds.

Im not joking around they really legalized it.

thats not excatly true. it is a copyright violation to download music, but it is illegal for Internet Service Providers to give out their clients identities. that infringes on personal privacy. i beleive this is what the supreme court of canada ruled 2 months ago, but im sure this fight is to be continued . . .

asupertech said:
...in any case... they did their job, cd single sales have gone up, downloading has gone down, we aare all subjected to forced POP music, and we no longer have any real choices when it comes to music... welcome to the free world...

So not true. You always have a choice. If you're tired of bad music, quit complaining and do something about it. Stop listening to the radio, stop buying bad music from major labels... actually look for good music. There's always good music out there if you look for it. As for the RIAA, until they realize that their way of doing business isn't helping them at all, CD sales will continue to drop. People want something new... something with substance, not just pre-fab songs by pre-fab "artists".

Check out these sites:
http://www.radiotakeover.com/
http://www.purevolume.com/
http://www.interpunk.com/
http://www.music-sites.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom