RIAA, rant here

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much I perfer to my CDs to show my support to the industry (mainly the band at one end and the locally runned music store at the other), I really don't like these new laws that are trying to make the penalties for listening to downloaded music on a home user level much larger than using pirated versions of software on a corporate level.

actually if u buy a cd it dont really help the band them get only cents of every cd its the conserts that make the band money

RIAA is a joke. It is made up of ex members of legislature that have been laughed out of the political game eaither by people not voting for them, or they embarassing themselves.

XT said:
actually if u buy a cd it dont really help the band them get only cents of every cd its the conserts that make the band money

I know that part as I used be muso myself until i realised "PHUCK this shit off for a joke. I'm gonna work for a computer shop."
(What a fool I was to make that statement that many years ago)
Some of my freinds still are muso. And most of the money that they make are from doing the Pubs and Clubs we playied at on the friday and saturday nights.
BTW, the movie Garage Days is not far from the truth.

At the end of the day, I like to get that warm fuzzy feeling that my favorite band is getting atleast some part of my $30 just I just spent. (even if it's luckly to be 1 cent.)

But I like to support my local businesses. The local music shop (who I have been shoping at for the past 20 years) being one of those business.

After all, they need to eat too.

But as I sead before, my main beef is the RIAA is that they seem to want to incriminate the home user MP3 DownLoader worse than the Business/Corporate Level Software Pirate.

Software Piracy in my eyes is a bigger problem and had bigger effect of the software industry as appose to music piracy on the music industry.
Like the bands make the money from concerts. The records labels company don't look like they going belly up any time soon. The only people that really get affect by this is the music stores. But they seem to be making ends meet by selling MP3 players and Blank CD media.
And yet the RIAA want to come down on the home user as if they were worse software pirate on the planet.

Example :-
Like a computer store could start putting pirated windows and office on all thier computer that they produce. And if they get busted my Microshaft, then fine (like about $10 000), possibly some jail time, and will need change the business name around.
And yet you have the RIAA that seems to want to hit home user with a few thousand dollars per song penatlies. Like if some of my freinds go sledged with the penalties at the fullest ; their grandkids will still be paying it off.

Like is just me, or is that just completely F.U.B.A.R.ed with the RIAA attempt on "justice".

The RIAA are the people who are ripping us off trying to play the victim... they have been taking us for a ride for long enough and now they cant take it now that the tables have turned!

I dont feel bad downloading music as the industry are the ones who are overcharging (Silesia I used to live in Perth and all i can say is $30 for a CD - ouch)... I also think its time that the bands and artists stand up to the record companies which take most of the money from these CD purchases, as they are being ripped off too!

Having said this, if I hear something I like then I will (and do) buy the CD as I like to think the hard work that has gone into playing, producing and writing the music gets some recognition... but i almost always use mp3s as a preview as I have paid a rip off price for really crappy cds before which quite frankly didnt deserve to be bought!

As for singles, I've said it before but they are the biggest rip off... its rare that you get a decent b-side (which half the time is just a crappy remix)

So keep messing with the RIAA... they deserve it!

hygor said:
The RIAA are the people who are ripping us off trying to play the victim... they have been taking us for a ride for long enough and now they cant take it now that the tables have turned!

I dont feel bad downloading music as the industry are the ones who are overcharging (Silesia I used to live in Perth and all i can say is $30 for a CD - ouch)...

DITTO. There has been plenty of times that i have listened to the CD in the store and sead "Nope.... I like the sound, but it's not worth $30"
And the media for CDs is so cheap now days, so really, who is the RIAA and the record company really fooling here.
In the end, i only morn for the privately runned independant music stores and just have to try a little harder to make a living. And there is ways around that too..

hygor said:
I also think its time that the bands and artists stand up to the record companies which take most of the money from these CD purchases, as they are being ripped off too!

Would be nice if they did.

hygor said:
Having said this, if I hear something I like then I will (and do) buy the CD as I like to think the hard work that has gone into playing, producing and writing the music gets some recognition... but i almost always use mp3s as a preview as I have paid a rip off price for really crappy cds before which quite frankly didnt deserve to be bought!

Ditto. Like singles are WAY over priced. And I tire of buying the occational CD where there is only 1 or 2 tracks worth listening too.
MP3 are like the local video store to me. You get the see it all before you need to deside about buying it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom