Resurrecting old threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribalsun

In Runtime
what's with the rash of resurrecting old threads lately? I'm seeing threads as old as 6 or 8 months being brought back to life. I know some people would like to get their post count up but damn, bringing back a 6 month old thread just annoys me on some level. :p

I noticed that, it is people with really low post counts, searching the forums (I know its good they are searching, but no need to resurrect the dead.)

Ya I've been seeing this as well. It is kinda annoying. One guy in particular has gone nuts reviving threads from 2 months ago. 2 months doesnt seem that bad, but with a big, fast-moving forum like this, 2 months is quite a bit.

It's better than starting a "completely" new thread IMO. If it's the same subject matter, why not revive an old thread?.. All these "Build me a new system" threads shouldn't even be there if people just "search" the forum!. A lot of info gets repeated.

RAID is one hot topic where people keep asking the same questions. Reviving such threads might be good!..

Its annoying me as well because I am constantly deleting these necroposts. I think we at TF should have what broadbandreports has...if the thread hasn't been active in so long, it automatically closes itself. That would solve our problem.

beedubaya said:
Its annoying me as well because I am constantly deleting these necroposts. I think we at TF should have what broadbandreports has...if the thread hasn't been active in so long, it automatically closes itself. That would solve our problem.

It would be nice to see something like this.

If you guys think it's a good idea, should be trivial to implement :).. Beedub, do you have database access to do this?

i had that happen before, i just did it the old-fashioned way, re-set the system from the power bar and turn it on again. That fixed it!

Now I am starting to think that it is a problem with a specific member, not really the entire forum...

Agreed Elbatrop1, he's pushing current topics into the background by posting, sometimes multi-posting to the same dead 2 and 3 month old threads.

beedubaya, I'll post your idea over at the "site feedback and suggestion" forum. How's 2 months sound for all the "tech" forums only, leaving the other forums as they are now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom