Resume, references, password: Job seekers get asked in interviews to provide Facebook logins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it appears that Facebook is considering legal action against companies that ask for such data, for one reason. This allows un-authorized people to view someone elses (not the one seeking employment, but his/her friends) profile that is private that doesn't consent to that company reading the messages they have or seeing the pictures they put up.

For people that say it's ignorant to put anything up on facebook, why in the hell would you have such things anyways? What is the difference between me creating an album that only designated friends can view, and having an album in my home? If my boss asked for the keys to my home, because he wants to look at pictures of me drinking just so he can fire me going to be fine and dandy? What is the difference between the two? Is it just the fact that one is an online deal and the other is physical? That is the only difference, it still steps into someones life in a way that should not exist. No matter what job it is, they don't have reason to be messing with someones personal life.

It is almost as bad as the local hospital telling the workers if they smoke at all at home or in their car, then they are fired. Sorry, but personal life and business are seperate, and should never EVER be intertwined and should be seen as such and protected as such.

BTW, Paton, some states have laws that protect people from being fired over saying they hate their boss while outside of work. If I asked you if you banged your wife last night and you said no, but you did, would this entitle me to firing you? By the way your thinking, yes, you would be fired, because you just lied to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom