Remembering '05

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to miss 2005. I was really looking forward to saying "Aught 5" and I didn't really do it much.

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe movie came out. I'm a huge, huge, C.S. Lewis fan so I was anticipating it for 2 or 3 years and it was truly great.

As far as Episode III, my boyfriend's mother yelled at me right after we saw it and said some really horrible things to me. It was horrible, I'll never be able to appreciate a southern accent again. She insulted The Donnas too. I couldn't listen to them for months.

However, In July I did go to a fabulous concert; The Stephen Sondheim 75th birthday concert at the Hollywood Bowl, after which I went straight to LAX and flew in to the midwest for a Family reunion at my great grandmother's hometown in Iowa. It was the best thing I did all year. I hadn't seen Grandma Neva since my senior year in High School, which was 2001, and I hadn't been to her hometown since I was 8.

In September, my great grandmother passed away at the age of 93. I was her oldest great grandchild(at 22), and I went with my mother back to Iowa for the services. It was almost exactly two months after our "G. Neva Convention". She had walked to church the Sunday before. One of the nice things was that when we visited her in July, we all took turns telling her about our favorite memories of her, and telling her how much she meant to us. We went through her apartment, and took with us basically anything that had her handwriting on it. My mom took this little note off her fridge that said "Yesterday; Kept from stumbling. Today; Accepted as Blameless." and put it on her own fridge at home.

Gosh, now that I have written about that, the rest of my year doesn't seem so important. Not so memorable, I suppose.

But I did go to a really good Rooney concert at Chain Reaction in Anaheim in November. :)

Yea, The Chronicles of Narnia was a great movie. I enjoyed it.

A new year...the same old me....just a little bit older every time.

2005...hmm...I did a lot in this year...made a lot of new records for myself....and yea...I don't feel like listing....but I did finally get my General Billy Mitchell Award this year.

"I want to shoot you to....lol"

Nubius said:
........you do realize that the people I was calling stupid, were a lot like a huge portion of this forum that sat there and blamed bush for it from day 1 right........you seem to have this huge misunderstanding that I'm calling the victims stupid......I'm calling the people who argued and fought about who's fault it was and the people who went on about anything besides the subject at hand.
you made it sound pretty straight forward when you said:
.............the sheer amount of idiocy from people that came out of that just makes me want to shoot myself.

Now the "People who came out of that", i would assume are the refugees that migrated on busses to Texas and wherever. I don't think people here on TF are those that made it out of the hurricane that hit Neworleans. :confused: :cool:

Built a new rig
Played HL2 until my eyeballs were bloody
got into mapping
learned C++
Hosted my first LAN party
yup thats pretty much what happened to me in 2005

Oh man speaking of bush being on vacation I just gotta say, the funniest part in "Family Guy movie" is when they brain tells bush that a hurricane just hit and people need his help and bush says, Please don't make me do stuff.

It was so damm funny... Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom